PDA

View Full Version : My "Silent Night" Acapella!

Jimi75
November 22nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Friends,

The whole year long, we have been talking and discussing about guitars, guitars and guitars and yes also some other topics.

I decided to record this year's Jimi Christmas rendition all acapella (really tried my best..) for you.

I wanted to capture the spiritual essence of that song.

http://www.box.net/shared/b98nuadn65

Do you like it?
Enjoy the silence :-)

Jimi

333maxwell
November 23rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
Friends,

The whole year long, we have been talking and discussing about guitars, guitars and guitars and yes also some other topics.

I decided to record this year's Jimi Christmas rendition all acapella (really tried my best..) for you.

I wanted to capture the spiritual essence of that song.

http://www.box.net/shared/b98nuadn65

Do you like it?
Enjoy the silence :-)

Jimi

I love it when an artist steps out of their comfort zone and bnrings us the unexpected!

*raises glass* heres to ya man!

oldguy
November 23rd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Fine job, Jimi!! Thank you for that.
You have a voice with good vocal range. Nice.:AOK:

bigoldron
November 23rd, 2007, 10:26 AM
Great job, Jimi!

sunvalleylaw
November 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Beautiful!! It is my favorite carole of all. You do a beautiful job! Another one for my iPod. :-) Do you have a recording in your native language? I love that carole in Deutsch.

Spudman
November 23rd, 2007, 12:55 PM
Hey, what amph were you using on it? I really liked the heavy double bass part in the middle.:D

Sounded great man.

oldguy
November 23rd, 2007, 11:45 PM
After a few more listens, I was struck by the way you were able to double your vocal parts.
Is there a secret to this, or is it simply a very trained ear and the ability to "hear" what you want to do, musically?
I don't mean to ask "stupid" questions, I've just never had much vocal ability. You seem to be able to find the groove when you sing with yourself.
I applaud you, Jimi. Bravo!!!:AOK: :AOK:

Jimi75
November 24th, 2007, 04:11 AM
After a few more listens, I was struck by the way you were able to double your vocal parts.
Is there a secret to this, or is it simply a very trained ear and the ability to "hear" what you want to do, musically?
I don't mean to ask "stupid" questions, I've just never had much vocal ability. You seem to be able to find the groove when you sing with yourself.
I applaud you, Jimi. Bravo!!!:AOK: :AOK:

Hey Oldguy, thanks so much for your kind words!
What I did was, I recorded the chords on the guitar, but note by note and only the first and third note, then I sang over it. That was the rhythmic basic, then I recorded the vocals one time sang pretty low and one time higher.

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Hey Oldguy, thanks so much for your kind words!
What I did was, I recorded the chords on the guitar, but note by note and only the first and third note, then I sang over it. That was the rhythmic basic, then I recorded the vocals one time sang pretty low and one time higher.

Ah, yes, now I understand. You did a very nice job. When I am ready to attempt singing I may "borrow" your idea to practice, I think it would help me.
Thanks, Jimi.:)

M29
November 24th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Awesome Jimi:AOK: At first I did not know all the vocals were yours. Very nice indeed!

M29

Robert
November 26th, 2007, 11:58 AM
That was great Jimi! Very impressive. I wish I could sing better than a door squeak.