PDA

View Full Version : Tired of turkey? Me too...

oldguy
November 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM
It's been below freezing here all day.
I thought some vegetable beef soup sounded good...
it should be ready in about an hour...:munch: :rotflmao:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_11547475fada59d1.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=115)

marnold
November 24th, 2007, 08:52 AM
You're making me sad! Two of my boys and I both got very sick at the beginning of this week. We had to cancel plans to go down to my sister's place for Thanksgiving. So I have gotten no turkey at all. Not one scrap. I would kill for some leftovers. Oh and my Lions played themselves out of playoff contention on Thursday.

Although the soup looks good too . . .

Katastrophe
November 24th, 2007, 09:51 AM
You're making me sad! Two of my boys and I both got very sick at the beginning of this week. We had to cancel plans to go down to my sister's place for Thanksgiving. So I have gotten no turkey at all. Not one scrap. I would kill for some leftovers. Oh and my Lions played themselves out of playoff contention on Thursday.

Although the soup looks good too . . .

I hope you and the boys get well soon! Take two doses of "Mr. Scary" and post in the morning.:AOK:

The soup looks great. It's about 40 degrees F here and raining right now. That would be a perfect lunch.

We stuffed ourselves silly on turkey for Thanksgiving, with all the fixin's, too. Luckily, we did not take home leftovers, so we didn't get tired of turkey. It's been a good holiday, and we have much to be thankful for.

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Man, that sucks, Matt! I didn't mean to make you sad, bro. I've gotten so I only eat turkey ON Thanksgiving and Christmas day, and don't bring any home for leftovers if we go to family for dinner. That way there's plenty for everyone else. Then I cook for our little familly when we get home. Sorry you've all been sick, if I was closer I'd bring you some soup.

marnold
November 24th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Hehe. Thanks. We're on the mend. I'm at about 90%, which is good enough. We usually have turkey for Christmas too (because I insist). This year I will be extra insistent :)

pie_man_25
November 25th, 2007, 07:12 PM
yes, some nice beef stew would be quite nice about now, It's a sunday, and I just got finished delivering phonebooks, I'm all wet from the first snow of the year, because, you know, I'm in CANADA...

sunvalleylaw
November 25th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Nope, not tired of turkey. And the cranberry sauce I made RAWKED!!!! :-)

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Yeah, I really am not that interested in turkey....can't we change thanksgiving fare to..

like vindaloo, raita, & garlic nan?

It would still be about Indians ya' know ;).

The whole first thanksgiving song & dance leaves me a bit cold giving the history of the slaughter of native americans by euoropeans.

Or if it *has* to be turkey, how 'bout a nice rich n' spicy turkey mole'?

SlllluuuUuuuurPPpp, CHOMP yum YUM! ;).

Bloozcat
November 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM
So, how many of you repeat the whole turkey thing again at Christmas?

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 10:32 AM
So, how many of you repeat the whole turkey thing again at Christmas?

Usually it's ham for Christmas.

We didn't know you were from Canada Pie.....

just strum
November 26th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Well, it's lunch time here and what am I eating - turkey and swiss sandwich out of the vending machine. I'll bet when I get home it will Thanksgiving leftovers for dinner.

Next year it's Thanksgiving lobster.:D

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Sometimes we do the turkey repeat. Or we have my alternate favorite, Cioppino! Seafood at Christmas just seems right to me.

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2007, 11:45 AM
P.S. The Native American aspect of it disturbs me too, though I don't know what to do about it. So, I just try to be personally and truly thankful.

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Believe it or not us indin's have turkey lurky for Thanksgiving. Only this time around WE invite some white people over. ;)

SuperSwede
November 26th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Believe it or not us indin's have turkey lurky for Thanksgiving. Only this time around WE invite some white people over. ;)

Invites only for white people bringing firewater right? ;) I´m coming over to you next year Rob, slay a really large turkey and I´ll bring some homebrew stuff that could make that poor lurkey run again, even after he´s been in the oven :beer:

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Invites only for white people bringing firewater right? ;) I´m coming over to you next year Rob, slay a really large turkey and I´ll bring some homebrew stuff that could make that poor lurkey run again, even after he´s been in the oven :beer:

Fine idea Mr. Swede. :beer:

Big_Rob
November 26th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I bucked tradition this year and went out and got 3lbs of Delmonico steaks :drool:

Needless to say, no leftovers :AOK: