PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

helliott
November 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm in the process of researching the purchase of our first flat screen HD Tv with home entertainment system. It's a jungle out there.
Does anyone have recent experience with buying this stuff? I'm looking for 40-42" flat panel, with a decent but not hugely pricey accompanying sound system.
Any input much appreciated.

Katastrophe
November 24th, 2007, 09:13 AM
We ended up just going to Wal Mart and picking up a Sanyo 42" LCD Flat Panel. We shopped everywhere and compared just about every different TV and price level. It, for us, was a good balance of resolution and price. For the size living room we have, it's perfect, and has a great picture that you can see an just about every angle without distortion in the picture. Looks great when playing our Wii, too!

Algonquin
November 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
I've held off on the Flat screen TV for some time as well, but have talked with a few folks who feel LCD has the edge in durability over Plasma, so when I make the jump... it'll likely be an LCD.

Prices are constantly dropping, so you're not going to lose out by taking your time and doing your research.

Wouldn't hurt to go by FutureShop and EHR to have a look at what they have and compare prices.

A friend of mine (a good old Hamilton boy!) turned me on to Paradigm speakers. I can't say enough good things about them, but I'm not sure if you're interested in this route, or an intergrated 'all in one' system.

PM me if you want some more info on them... they're are a fantastic speaker for the modest price.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/paradigm/PRD_121039_1594crx.aspx

This is a bit of an old link... but Titans sell for about $250.

:beer: