PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Strum! Watch out....

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
...or this could happen to you! :eek: So approach pedaldom cautiously! ;) :D

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/pedal_overload.jpg

just strum
November 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Well, I have the vox and will soon have the foot switch. So, let's see I only have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... Oh crap, I have a long way to go.

Edit: I've been watching ebay for a good deal on a digitech jamman. One on there now missing a power source. To anyone that has a jamman, what type of power source does it have?

Robert
November 24th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Power Supply: 9V AC

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Here's my little collection, minus the multi-effects.
I'm more into a stompbox phase right now.
I notice DVM and I have one familiar yellow pedal in common.
:rotflmao:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_115474890a689de6.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=116)

Adrian30
November 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
DVM, have you been happy with Behringer pedals? I just realized that you have quite a few of them.

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Power Supply: 9V AC
Be careful, though, they come in two varieties--center-negative and center positive. Most effects pedals use the former. Look for the symbol somewhere on the device:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/plug_types.gif

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
DVM, have you been happy with Behringer pedals? I just realized that you have quite a few of them.
Yes, especially for what they cost. I have 6 of them now, having just received the FX600 Digital MultiFX and the PB100 Preamp Booster yesterday. They are not going to compete with $150 pedals, but, hey--you can get most of 'em for $20 - $25, they seem to handle the basics capably, and they're quiet and well built. If you're a gigging musician, you're probably going to want to pony up the extra $$ for the premium brands, but for the casual musician/home player (like me) or for somebody looking to fill out the ol' pedalboard without dropping big bucks, I think they're a godsend. :AOK:

just strum
November 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Be careful, though, they come in two varieties--center-negative and center positive. Most effects pedals use the former. Look for the symbol somewhere on the device:

Thanks.

The person selling it is listing it as "Mint", but then goes on to say that it's dented in the middle and sides, plus has the missing power supply. Geez, wouldn't want to buy a car from this person.

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2007, 04:35 PM
.... I notice DVM and I have one familiar yellow pedal in common.
Yeah, that just happens to be my favorite! How about you? ;)

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM
It's the only thing I ever need, 'cept some delay. :rotflmao:

They don't show it on the adaptor for the Jamman, but the plug center hole that goes into the Jamman is slightly oversized. If you try and plug another type of 9v power supply (such as a one-spot, etc.) into the Jamman, the plug won't fit over the center pin in the Jamman.

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks.

The person selling it is listing it as "Mint", but then goes on to say that it's dented in the middle and sides, plus has the missing power supply. Geez, wouldn't want to buy a car from this person.

I'd PASS on that one, strum.........

just strum
November 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM

I probably will. I sent him an e-mail question the description versus the actual condition, but haven't received an answer yet.

Watching a couple of other ones. E-bay is loaded with them, I would think they could be had for dirt cheap, but they all seem to get up there when it gets close to ending bids. First problem is people start bidding while there is still 3 or 4 day left and 5 to 10 bids have already been made. Good for the seller, not good for me.

WackyT
November 24th, 2007, 05:39 PM

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/plug_types.gif

AC (Alternating Current) doesn't have polarity, only DC (Direct Current) does.

just strum
November 24th, 2007, 05:54 PM

BTW, are you competing with Spud for ugliest avatar of the year?

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM
True, properly stated, these adapters convert 120V AC to 9V DC. So Robert's description of a "9V AC" power supply isn't really accurate, but I think we all knew what he meant.

To be even more accurate, most of these supplies aren't even 9V--they're actually 9.6V.

Oldguy--that's a monkfish, isn't it? Lordy, they be homely critters! :eek:

ted s
November 24th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Just to clarify, the Jamman does require AC, not DC.

oldguy
November 24th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Yes, that's a monkfish, and that particular one is saying "Support TheFret.Net"!!! No, I wasn't competing w/ Spuds for ugliest avatar, I'm sure he'd dig something way uglier up if we started that, he knows where all the good stuff is....:rotflmao:

About the Jamman's power supply....
It's a model PS0913B-120-Input:120v~60Hz 18w Output: 9v~1.3A:whatever:

The "standard" Digitech power supply, like the Bad Monkey, etc., uses is....
A model PS200R-120- Input:120v~60Hz 8w Output: 9.6v~300mA:eek:

The Jamman's power supply is also the one used on the RP-250 multi-effects pedal. I hadn't seen a power supply that was 9v, not 9.6, until I bought these two pedals. I'd also never seen one more than 200 or 300 mA before.
Apparently these pedals need a different voltage and amperage than most. They do not run on batteries, only the power supply.
And like I said earlier, a run of the mill power supply won't plug into the Jamman or the RP-250 due to the larger center pin in the pedal. I'd be sure to use the right one if I bought one of these pedals, due to the specs being different.http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_11547497879d5792.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=118)

just strum
November 28th, 2007, 06:51 PM

the one with no power source and questionable description sold for $191.

One that appeared to actually be in excellent condition sold for $205.

Another one with 19 hours to go is at $178.

Maybe I'm cheap, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.

Spudman
November 28th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Maybe I'm cheap, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.

Just get one and don't look back. It will be the best thing for your playing to date...maybe. It really is a good investment. You wont be sorry.

just strum
November 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Just get one and don't look back. It will be the best thing for your playing to date...maybe. It really is a good investment. You wont be sorry.

I know and you've made good points about this in the past. But you know me well enough that since I work in purchasing, if it ain't free (or damn near), it's not a deal.

I'll get one, but I have to wait this out and get a deal (not free, but something under $180).

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Still watching for "the deal". on the DigiTech JamMan Looper Pedal, but so far haven't hit on one yet. Almost dove in on one that went for $168, but the words "I don't know nothing about these but did get it to do a metronome beat and record and playback of guitar rhythms.Because this item is used,it is sold AS IS may or may not be 100% functional.Tested to the best of my ability" In hindsight, it may be the one that got away.

I was trying to decide if I wanted to take the money to put toward another guitar or wait on the JamMan. I kept thinking about Spuds comment "Just get one and don't look back. It will be the best thing for your playing to date...maybe. It really is a good investment. You wont be sorry." and figured I have enough guitars, it's time to invest in getting to be a better player.

I'm watching about six more, so I'll hit eventually.

oldguy
December 8th, 2007, 09:14 AM
I know and you've made good points about this in the past. But you know me well enough that since I work in purchasing, if it ain't free (or damn near), it's not a deal.

I'll get one, but I have to wait this out and get a deal (not free, but something under $180).

Good luck, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya, strum.
(BTW, are you figuring all the time you spend watching e-pay for this deal, or is it time you'd just be napping at work anyway?):whatever: :rotflmao:

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Good luck, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya, strum.
(BTW, are you figuring all the time you spend watching e-pay for this deal, or is it time you'd just be napping at work anyway?):whatever: :rotflmao:

Thanks oldguy.

As for the napping, they told me I had to stop napping, but they forgot to mention that I had to start working, so...:D

Kazz
December 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Strum...I used to do purchasing of educational software for a company that sold to school districts country wide....now that was a gig I had no problem getting up for day in and day out....loved that what I did helped kids....totally unlike working for the utility company now....all I am doing now is helping people keep their homes warm.

Voodoo...very nice looking delta blues amp...I have the classic 30 myself. Gonna have to get some pictures together of my rig and pedals.