PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez tube screamer pedal

fastfoot
November 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Is anyone familiar with this pedal? I had a 20% off coupon for Guitar Center and they recommended this one for my Epi. junior valve stack. I havn't tried it yet but I hope it's going to give me a bluesiee distorted warm sound.

stingx
November 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Asking if anyone here is familiar with a Tube Screamer is like asking if the Pope is catholic. :rotflmao:

That pedal does, in fact, compliment the Epi very well. Another good choice is the Digitech Bad Monkey. The latter also provides more EQ range.

pie_man_25
November 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM
my friend has that pedal, although now that he has a crank, he hasn't much use for it and is considering selling it, mainly because he put it in his FX loop which you're not supposed to do, I personally love it and have considered buying it, although I don't have enough cash from my newest project.

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Which model did you buy? The TS-9 is a nice pedal, especially if you can get a few dollars off the regular $100 price, though I think there are much better values in overdrive pedals. The TS-808 reissue is just a flat rip-off at $170, IMO. The cost to manufacture the two pedals differs by a few pennies, at the most. The TS-808 is just profiteering on the reputation of the original, which was used by Stevie Ray Vaughan and a few other noted guitarists.

Tone2TheBone
November 25th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Don't know how true it is but I've read that Stevie used any kind of Tube Screamer he could find. TS-808s, TS-9s whatever. Just any Ibanez model that pushed his amps to his liking. Again I don't know exactly what he used but this is what I have heard over the net.

:pancake

Then again consider the source. :messedup: The net not my comments. hahahaha

I'm pretty dang sure that he along with countless others use or have used more than one overdrive to achieve harmonic bliss so if you're going to buy one...consider buying another. ;) Here's an easy option...get a Tube Screamer and then get the Bad Monkey for your 2nd one. Use both to your liking. Your mileage may vary.

mrmudcat
November 25th, 2007, 09:14 PM
cesar diaz modded more than just STV's dead fuzz face:Dude: I would bet my panties he tweaked a few T.S. pedals also!(did I say that outloud:rotflmao: )

LowEndWonder
December 28th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Boss OD-3 is a much better pedal, especially when used with a tube amp.