PDA

View Full Version : New Epiphone 1966 SG G-400

Duff
November 25th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Got this this week.

Super nice guitar. Looks great with the highly varnished cherry heritage finish and big Gibson SG standard style pickguard.

Sounds unbelievable. Bottom end rumble and top end chime. I have always wanted an SG and this one is really nice. $265 at GC on the 23rd when they had that two hour sale. Was going to order in one of those 388 US Hwy One telecasters buy thought whay not get a SG now at a lower price even though the big savings would have been on the telecaster. But the SG sounds great. Better sound for what I play than the Hwy one tele's I played. Way more bottom end and heaviness of tone. Hot humbuckers.

Hope these pictures are big enough and clear enough. I'm still having problems figuring out how to post good pictures.

Duffy
Winfield, Pa.
mbolduc@dejazzd.com

duhvoodooman
November 25th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Nice!!! Man, I love red SG's! Thanks for the GAS! ;)

Adrian30
November 25th, 2007, 09:04 AM
That's a smart buy. Congrats!

Katastrophe
November 25th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Looks like you've hit the gear motherlode, with all the good deals you're getting. Beautiful guitar and congrats!:AOK:

Iago
November 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Great buy, and looks very very nice

just strum
November 25th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Mine was about $350 a year ago. It initially cost $400, but M123 sent me $50 because the price dropped to $350. I think their claim is if you find it for less within 45 days they will refund the difference. When I saw they dropped their price, I called them and they put a check in the mail. You able to get yours at $265 is a nice deal.

I wanted one because a friend had one when we were very young (about 10). He had a Gibson, but the same color and that guitar stuck in my head for another 40 years. When I decided that I wanted to learn to play guitar, I ended up getting the Epi.

Enjoy your new guitar.

Duff
December 1st, 2007, 01:26 AM
The S. O. R. '66 G400 is standing up to the test of time and is sounding and playing fantastic. This is a gem of a guitar and I am proud to be able to own it. It will be a keeper, like my Epi LP standard, birdseye top, that I just finished about fifteen minutes ago putting on Seymour Duncan pickups. Jazz in the neck and JB in the bridge. Nice sound. Sustain city.

Duff