PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit from my son's new Squier Tele....

duhvoodooman
March 9th, 2006, 09:29 PM
A few notes from Derek & the Dominos ca. 1970. Recorded from the line out of my AD30VT, using the Boutique CL model and a little compression. I kept the volume down a bit better this time. Wanted a tune with a clean, twangy guitar part, and this popped into my mind, for whatever reason....

I Looked Away (http://duhvoodooman.com/audio_clips/ilookedaway.mp3)

warren0728
March 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
sounds good voodoo....you know you are going to have to actually give that guitar to your son sometime!!

ww

SuperSwede
March 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I think your son will love the 99$ Squier ยด51.... so you can keep the tele voodoo :D

Spudman
March 10th, 2006, 08:43 AM
That sounds much better Voodoo. Is that direct or miced?
Excellent!

duhvoodooman
March 10th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Direct from the line out into the sound card. This time, I backed off on the volume and avoided the distortion I got with the first line out recording I made with "Pride & Joy". I still haven't really spent any time optimizing the process or fooling around with the features of Audacity, but hope to be able to noodle around some this weekend....

Tone2TheBone
March 10th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hey Voodoo...was that the bridge pickup on that recording? I'm jonesing for a Tele..................

duhvoodooman
March 10th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Hey Voodoo...was that the bridge pickup on that recording?
Middle switch position--both pups.

Jones relief is only as far away as your favorite guitar shop! :D

Justaguyin_nc
March 10th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I smell GAS

Tone2TheBone
March 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Oops sorry Justa. LMAO

warren0728
March 10th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I'm jonesing for a Tele..................
go for it tone...my new tele is my favorite guitar i have ever had!

ww

r_a_smith3530
March 10th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Voodoo...was that the bridge pickup on that recording? I'm jonesing for a Tele..................

You want a tele? Well, here's a tele, made in the land of the blues, Meridian, Mississippi!

eBay Peavey Reactor AX (http://cgi.ebay.com/PEAVEY-REACTOR-AX-WITH-PERAL-PICK-COVER_W0QQitemZ7396620606QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

At the time I got my '94 Reactor, I was buying it with the intention to modify it in a major way, so I just couldn't justify spending the additional money for the AX model. Today I wish that I had that Rosewood fretboard. In my mind, it's the only thing my hotrodded Peavey lacks! BTW, my Reactor is the only guitar I've ever owned that has a maple fretboard.

Peavey's Reactor's are really kick*ss versions of the tele style, and highly underrated, although they are just now starting to gain a cult following. Get in now while the price is low on these babies!

Katastrophe
March 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Sounds great, voodoo! You can definitely tell it's a Tele.