PDA

View Full Version : Epi SoCal 50 video.

oldguy
November 25th, 2007, 02:35 PM
I got some video made of the SoCal 1/2 stack. I'm liking it now, but I still use pedals for the OD. This amp is stock, just like it came out of the box. Some new JJ Tesla's are on my wish list. I love the 4x12 cab loaded w/ Eminence Lady Lucks.:rotflmao:

XoOLYQeQYAI

Robert
November 25th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Sounds good. The tone in the beginning sounds like you're using a compressor, are you? Is that your MIM Strat?

oldguy
November 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Sounds good. The tone in the beginning sounds like you're using a compressor, are you? Is that your MIM Strat?

No compressor, just a PB&J delay, and later a Daddy-O overdrive (one of the old, big ones).
That is my MIM Strat. I've thought of upgrading it to Vintage Noiseless pickups. Do you think it would be worth it?

Adrian30
November 25th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Very smooth tone, in a good way, of course.

M29
November 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Sounds good oldguy:AOK: What volume were you on?

M29

Robert
November 25th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I've thought of upgrading it to Vintage Noiseless pickups. Do you think it would be worth it?
Only if you want to get rid of the single-coil hum. I doubt the noiseless ones sound that much better, to be honest.

oldguy
November 25th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Sounds good oldguy:AOK: What volume were you on?

M29
Thank you.
Amp 12:00, 50w setting, Strat 8-10, volume pedal around 75% . Amp was on clean channel.

Robert, I can live w/ the single coil hum, I thought the Vin. Noiseless might have a better sound, that's all.

FrankAxtell
November 25th, 2007, 04:58 PM
man, that is a sweet guitar tone... sounds real good!

SuperSwede
November 26th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Sounds really good oldguy! I have to agree with Robert, it sounds very compressed.

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Nice Oldguy!

Yes it's compressed, but it sounds very sweet.

Great strap!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the resemblance between you & your monkfish avatar at all ;).

Justaguyin_nc
November 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
I think that was well worth $500.00!!

I looked up the rest of the videos you made with it on
youtube.... most excellent OldGuy!

Even got my desktop dancing to the tones!

ZIbxzLjgoTo

:beer:

R_of_G
November 26th, 2007, 04:30 PM
That was some GREAT tone you got on that one OldGuy! Very well done.:master:

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Nice Glenn very nice. You're lookin' stylish with that half stack as well.

ted s
November 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Sounded great Glenn !

Justa, how did you do that ?

Justaguyin_nc
November 27th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Sounded great Glenn !

Justa, how did you do that ?
I was messing with Compiz-Fusion in PCLinuxOS...
great alternative to winblows...

Actually.. I like having both to boot to..
try their LiveCD.. no installstion needed till you want to.

http://PCLinuxOS.com

sunvalleylaw
November 28th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Shoot Glenn!, I like your legato style. I like purdy much everything you post! That sounds great!

oldguy
November 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks everyone! What a great bunch, I appreciate the kind words.
They say when our next project breaks wide open at work we'll be there 6 or 7 days a week, so I'll be missing TheFret (and my new amp) a bunch. :(

oldguy
November 30th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Nice Oldguy!

Yes it's compressed, but it sounds very sweet.

Great strap!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the resemblance between you & your monkfish avatar at all ;).

OK, I changed it.........better?:crazyguy:

ted s
November 30th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Glenn, did you say 5 bones for the pair ? I just the same at a local store for 350-400 each, you stole that puppy !

Jimi75
December 1st, 2007, 02:42 AM
Awesome tone, very direct attack.
You play very well with the indicvidual dynamics and attacks and this makes the amp even sound 100% better!

oldguy
December 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM
Glenn, did you say 5 bones for the pair ? I just the same at a local store for 350-400 each, you stole that puppy !

Yes, Ted, it was around 550 total (I had to pay tax, I live in MO.)
Musician's Friend;
Here's my story, sad but true.............:rotflmao:
The sale lasted 3 or 4 weeks. I tried to order online, then I tried calling in the order and was "guaranteed" the amp would be here in 3 to 5 days. 7 days later I get home, no amp. I call- it hasn't left the warehouse yet! A "glitch", I'm told. I talked to 3 different people trying to get this amp, they all assured me it was "on it's way", a week passed and the order wasn't even processed yet!!:flamemad:
I canceled the order, told them to take me off their mailing list, and hung up.
I'd never had a problem with Musician's Friend before, but I know others had.
Here's the kicker--- MF is closing ALL their warehouses 'cept one... or so they told me. Guess which one stays open... KANSAS CITY!!!... because it's centrally located. Not that far from me, so I went and got one, and spent a couple hours just walking around G.A.S. ing........:)
I arose early on a crisp Sat. morn and drove the two hours to K.C.
There were people waiting when the doors opened, and large carts were being loaded hurriedly with various merchandise, not the least of which were the very amps I desired. Luckily my cat-like reflexes netted me the last one.
When I told the salesman who waited on me (Bob), how bad MF had screwed up the order online and over the phone, he got this " I know, dude" look on his face and said "Yeah, there's a lot of changes going on right now."
Then I told him I'd canceled and decided to drive down and pick it up myself.
He said, " You did the right thing. If it's within driving distance, that's a good deal for you, other than the trouble you went through. But you did the best thing."
Bob made nearly zero commission on this deal, so my "doing the right thing" wasn't about money, it was about getting the product I wanted w/o waiting a month and going through the hassle of phone calls, tracking #'s, and talking to people with little or no experience. " Uh, OK, sure, I can check on that. Hang on..." 5 mins. on hold... " Uh, can you hold, I'm gonna check w/ my supervisor and see if we can find out what went wrong".... 5 min. later.... " Hey, are you still there?"......:spank: :deadhorse:
Driving to the place and playing new Gibsons, Fenders, Epis, Deans, ESPs, Washburns,:drool: and plugging into various amps and browsing the showroom was a treat compared to the phone hassles, even if it was a 2 hr. drive.

Justaguyin_nc
December 3rd, 2007, 01:58 PM
Let this be a lesson for fretters.. if you want something from Musiciansfriend.. send Oldguy the money... have him pick it up and ship it to you...;)

I knew you would appreciate me extending this offer for you oldguy..:rotflmao: