PDA

View Full Version : Space Junk - Something A bit unsual for your ears

ams32
November 26th, 2007, 04:45 AM
This is 'SPACE JUNK' a little number from my homemade E.P (out next week)

Quick back story: As the result of a lot of sound card latency and some crackle (which made it impossible for me to record properly) I decided to embrace the delay and clippy chaos and use these flaws to create a spacey sound (with added effects and space rumble to cover the hiss and whatnot) ...

Recently i got a direct input pod, so i don't have the issues anymore - but i'm kinda proud of the way i turned technical issues into a song.

Space junk was done in two takes only, one bass-ier layer - one pitch-ier... its very much a jam song, it just flowed out as I recorded it. Also, I managed to get something like a sitar sound from the lead at times... somehow.....

Take a listen...1360

Jimi75
November 26th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I liked it. I think it was pretty creative of you to take advantage of the latency problem. Reciting GENESIS in the beginning was great and yes I could imagine all this happening to the little soundtrack you have created.

R_of_G
November 26th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I enjoyed that quite a bit AMS. Incoporating your "technical difficulties" into the overall piece shows great adaptability and that will definitely serve as a benefit to your compositional and improv skills. I'm looking fwd to hearing some more of your work.:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
...& the Sophist found latency in his bathtub & created more latency & it sounded good.