PDA

View Full Version : Newbe from the Washburn BBS

Ascension
November 26th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Been cruzin around here for a few days and finally joined.
I'm a semi pro player from Birmingham who for the last few years has been the house guitarist for a 6700 + member Mega Church.
This looks like a nice civilized site and I see some familar folks here :AOK: so HOWDY from Birmingham Alabama!

Robert
November 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Welcome, Ascension! Didn't John Hiatt write a song about your home town?

warren0728
November 26th, 2007, 01:18 PM
welcome Ascension....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome. :)

mrmudcat
November 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM
cool brother welcome aboard!!!!!:beer:

Spudman
November 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Hi Ascension.
I'm a Bama boy too. Born just outside of Enterprise.

bigoldron
November 26th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Welcome aboard Ascension. This seems to be a really great bunch of guitar players!

just strum
November 26th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Glad you could make it Ascension. I know you will find this place very inviting. I sound like a broken record, but good people and good subject is what you will find here.

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Been cruzin around here for a few days and finally joined.
I'm a semi pro player from Birmingham who for the last few years has been the house guitarist for a 6700 + member Mega Church.
This looks like a nice civilized site and I see some familar folks here :AOK: so HOWDY from Birmingham Alabama!
Yowza, howz't feel to play in a mega-church?

Oh, & welcome.

Brian Krashpad
November 27th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Welcome!

I used to play guitar and bass for our little church but unfortunately things got a little "political" and now we're looking for a new church home. That's one big congregation you're playing to!

bigoldron
November 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Gators got religion? I guess miracles do happen... :poke:

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Ascension. Happy to have you here! :AOK:

How do you like those Carvins? I've been drooling over the Cali Carved Top CT6M model lately....

M29
November 27th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome aboard Ascension:AOK:

M29

Guitar Gal
November 27th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Nice to see you here Ascension :AOK:

GG

Ascension
November 29th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Welcome to TheFret, Ascension. Happy to have you here! :AOK:

How do you like those Carvins? I've been drooling over the Cali Carved Top CT6M model lately....
Carvin builds some NICE stuff. For years I was a big time Carvin supporter but kinda got pretty burned by them over that last couple of years and sold off a bunch of my Carvin stuff because of it. Something changed a couple of years ago and all the guys I had known for years in sales and customer Service were suddenly gone. They burned me on three of my parts orders in a row and the way they treated me blew me orering a tricked out $1500 V220 from them. The product is still STELLAR but they can be REALLY difficult at times to deal with now. It's a shame because for years the were as good as it gets in Customer Service.
The CT's are super nice guitars and I would take one of those ANYDAY over a PRS. If you decide to have one built yell I can give you some advice on how to deal with them and not get scorched.

Ascension
November 29th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Welcome!

I used to play guitar and bass for our little church but unfortunately things got a little "political" and now we're looking for a new church home. That's one big congregation you're playing to!
Sadly Brian I'm kinda in the same shape you are right now bro. We lost our Senior, Executive and Associate Pastor all with in two weeks in June. Afterwards it suddenly got really political there and I walked away from playing at COC in July. We just found a new Senior Pastor who is starting this Sunday so I am looking hard at possibly coming back on board as a player.
I am very active in local and State politicts here in my area and am the acting party chairman for one of the largest third political parties in the USA for my State ( United States Constitution Party PM me if you want more info ). I will absolutely NOT play politicts in my Church!! I feel ya man!

mrmudcat
November 29th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Carvin builds some NICE stuff. For years I was a big time Carvin supporter but kinda got pretty burned by them over that last couple of years and sold off a bunch of my Carvin stuff because of it. Something changed a couple of years ago and all the guys I had known for years in sales and customer Service were suddenly gone. They burned me on three of my parts orders in a row and the way they treated me blew me orering a tricked out $1500 V220 from them. The product is still STELLAR but they can be REALLY difficult at times to deal with now. It's a shame because for years the were as good as it gets in Customer Service.
The CT's are super nice guitars and I would take one of those ANYDAY over a PRS. If you decide to have one built yell I can give you some advice on how to deal with them and not get scorched.

This is rare if you ask me . There has been some changes in workers from painters to c.s. /sales etc etc. But I recently had an issue with fender and they basically told me to F-OFF nicely of course:rotflmao: When my ct-6 came without the 60th anniversary strap carvin sent me 2:Dude: I still think they are among the top in C.S. but that is my opinion of course.

I have had nothing but a good relationship with them since the 80's :master: But I know Ascension to be an honest ,great guy and if he says he had a problem with carvin then he did im sure!!!:beer:

My new v220 will be shipping next week!!:crazyguy:

Ascension
November 29th, 2007, 07:55 PM
This is rare if you ask me . There has been some changes in workers from painters to c.s. /sales etc etc. But I recently had an issue with fender and they basically told me to F-OFF nicely of course:rotflmao: When my ct-6 came without the 60th anniversary strap carvin sent me 2:Dude: I still think they are among the top in C.S. but that is my opinion of course.

I have had nothing but a good relationship with them since the 80's :master: But I know Ascension to be an honest ,great guy and if he says he had a problem with carvin then he did im sure!!!:beer:

My new v220 will be shipping next week!!:crazyguy:

I played Carvin allmost exclusively from the late 80's untill about three years ago and a one time I owned 18 Carvin guitars and 5 Carvin amps. I was part of the Carvin BBS family and attended the Southeastern Bashes in 2004 and 2005. It was an obsession and the breakup I had with them was quite nasty. It still makes me quite angry to think about it.
I agree in years past that they were a great company to deal with as I also had a wonderfull relationship with Carvin for many years. But something happened there in 2005 and things changed. The values at the company are not what they once were.
The good thing I would have never bought my Fender Prosonic, Marshall or the USA Washburns with out the big break with Carvin so it's not all been a bad thing.

Ascension
November 29th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Gators got religion? I guess miracles do happen... :poke:
Easy now Ron :crazyguy: :rotflmao: !

bigoldron
November 29th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Easy now Ron :crazyguy: :rotflmao: !

It's cool, Brian K and I have chatted a little and he's pretty cool for a Swamp Lizard. We're all friends here, so a some good natured needling is allowed. :poke:

Brian K rocks! So do you, muddie and the rest of my Washburn buddies who've made the exodus to the Fret.net! :Dude: :rockon:

Bloozcat
November 30th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Welcome aboard Ascension!

Hmmm...church politics...

This seems to be going around lately. I'm on the Board of Trustees at my church, and my wife is on the Staff Parish Committee (Methodist Church). We're both pretty burned out on the church politics. Neither of us are inexperienced in business matters, but we both feel sort of like we're watching Nero fiddling as Rome burns, if you know what I mean. I'm afraid that we'll be looking for a new church home soon too.

bigoldron
November 30th, 2007, 08:10 AM

This seems to be going around lately. I'm on the Board of Trustees at my church, and my wife is on the Staff Parish Committee (Methodist Church). We're both pretty burned out on the church politics. Neither of us are inexperienced in business matters, but we both feel sort of like we're watching Nero fiddling as Rome burns, if you know what I mean. I'm afraid that we'll be looking for a new church home soon too.

I definitely feel your pain, Bloozcat, as well as Ascension's and Brian K's and others. I think it's time that we try to remember why we have church and what it REALLY stands for. I'm on multiple committees (typical Baptist) and between the meetings and the many "activities" we keep going, you tend get burned out. Time for more praise and worship and less business and programs... :rolleyes:

Jesus is the reason for the season! Not some fat guy in a red suit!

Brian Krashpad
November 30th, 2007, 08:18 AM
It's cool, Brian K and I have chatted a little and he's pretty cool for a Swamp Lizard. We're all friends here, so a some good natured needling is allowed. :poke:

Brian K rocks! So do you, muddie and the rest of my Washburn buddies who've made the exodus to the Fret.net! :Dude: :rockon:

:AOK: It's all good.

Funny thing was, I was guessing Ron might be a Dawg, given his location in Georgia; as a Gator I tend to forget that there's 'Nole fans in Georgia too.

oldguy
November 30th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Welcome to TheFret.Net, I think you'll feel at home here....... no politics......and that's not merely the state of the union here.... it's a rule.:AOK:

Ascension
November 30th, 2007, 09:17 AM

Yep I do know what you mean man. With me being in politicts for real I flat had to go some where and get away from if. No way was I gonna get caught up in that stuff at church ---or on these boards for that matter. I need a place where I can escape from it!!

oldguy
November 30th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Yep I do know what you mean man. With me being in politicts for real I flat had to go some where and get away from if. No way was I gonna get caught up in that stuff at church ---or on these boards for that matter. I need a place where I can escape from it!!

This is the place. I reiterate, Welcome to TheFret, glad to have you aboard.
Nice guitars, BTW, very nice.:)

Ascension
November 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
This is the place. I reiterate, Welcome to TheFret, glad to have you aboard.
Nice guitars, BTW, very nice.:)
Thanks man yep so far I likie this place :beer: :AOK: !!

bigoldron
November 30th, 2007, 12:32 PM
:AOK: It's all good.

Funny thing was, I was guessing Ron might be a Dawg, given his location in Georgia; as a Gator I tend to forget that there's 'Nole fans in Georgia too.

I'm actually a double loser. I'm not only a 'Noles fan, but also a Georgia Tech fan. HOWEVER, my wife and 2 daughters, her family, my brother's family (you get the idea) are Dawg fans. So, I lost a double-header last Saturday when Tech and FSU both lost. (OK, so I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch...)

I still love playing my guitars! And, I really like getting to know you guys on the Fret, so let's keep jammin' and rockin'! :Dude: :AOK:

Ascension
November 30th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I'm actually a double loser. I'm not only a 'Noles fan, but also a Georgia Tech fan. HOWEVER, my wife and 2 daughters, her family, my brother's family (you get the idea) are Dawg fans. So, I lost a double-header last Saturday when Tech and FSU both lost. (OK, so I'm not the brightest bulb in the bunch...)

I still love playing my guitars! And, I really like getting to know you guys on the Fret, so let's keep jammin' and rockin'! :Dude: :AOK:
I'm a Tider FYI guys my first Cousin Jack Rutledge was on the coaching staff for decades. He actually played on the the team with Ray Perkins at Bama and still works for the Bryant Musieum over at the capstone.
Bobby Bowden is from Eastlake just over the hill from where I live in Roebuck Springs ( here is our neighborhood website BTW http://www.southroebucknews.com/ I'm the association President :crazyguy: ) and shows up for events here several times a year. Go 'NOLES Ron!

bigoldron
November 30th, 2007, 10:25 PM
I'm a Tider FYI guys my first Cousin Jack Rutledge was on the coaching staff for decades. He actually played on the the team with Ray Perkins at Bama and still works for the Bryant Musieum over at the capstone.
Bobby Bowden is from Eastlake just over the hill from where I live in Roebuck Springs ( here is our neighborhood website BTW http://www.southroebucknews.com/ I'm the association President :crazyguy: ) and shows up for events here several times a year. Go 'NOLES Ron!

I'm just a 'Noles fan - I got an uncle and aunt that are FANS. In fact, they've retired and live in Killearn Estates in Tallahassee about 3 blocks from Bowden. They claim the air is cleaner and the sky is bluer over there... :p

BTW, who is that OLD guy on the south roebucks website? Could it be thou??? :poke:

Ascension
December 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
BTW, who is that OLD guy on the south roebucks website? Could it be thou??? :poke:
Yep guilty as charged :tongue: !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/rutledri/Carvin%20SouthEastern%20Bash%202005/richard.jpg