PDA

View Full Version : Howdy all (first post)

hubberjub
November 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hello. I'm a guitar player from Binghamton, NY. I play in a jam band (run away!) called The Second Class Citizens (http://www.sccmusic.net). I'm just hoping to meet new musicians (of any genre) to bounce ideas on equipment or techniques off of. I am a gear whore and home recording enthusiast as well.
My electrics (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/Solid%20Bodies/)
My acoustics (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/Acousitics/)
Hollow bodies (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/Hollows/)
My studio (http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd105/hubberjub/Project%20Studio/)
If anyone would like to check out my band our websites are sccmusic.net (www.sccmusic.net) and myspace.com/thesecondclasscitizens (http://www.myspace.com/thesecondclasscitizens).
Take it easy.

Bloozcat
November 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Welcome aboard hubberjub!

This is a great forum with some really good people.

mrmudcat
November 26th, 2007, 02:25 PM
welcome:AOK:

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Welcome to the Fret. :)

ted s
November 26th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Welcome hubberjub, looking forward to hearing you.

warren0728
November 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
welcome hubberjub....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

snarph
November 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
hubberjub

How do you play with all your guitars sideways?

hubberjub
November 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
It's a trick I learned while on an all night milkshake binge.:beer:

just strum
November 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Welcome - be prepared to buy more guitars and a lot of other stuff - you have entered GAS Central

Robert
November 26th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome, we hope you will like it here! At least pancakes and smilies are something we enjoy.

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Welcome HubberJub! It will be fun to hear your ideas too. I know there are some jam band fans here, but I have not heard a lot of talk about ideas about playing. It will be fun to have your input!

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yup! love them jambands HubberJub.

Welcome!

Love your handle reminds me of Lewis Carroll:

Beware the HubberJub & shun the Frumious PancakeMan.

Brian Krashpad
November 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Welcome!

Those are some cool guitars. Did I see an old Melody Maker "project" in there?

That Dano is cool, is it the one with the onboard effects? I like those Heritage boats you got, and of course the Strat and LP.

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Yep. That's a 1963 Gibson Melody Maker that I plan on restoring. Somebody already made some modifications to it so I don't feel as though I am doing any wrong by not keeping it original. I plan to put two Lindy Fralin P-90s in it and install a Bigsby vibrato. It should be a pretty rockin' guitar. The Danelectro Baritone I have does have the effects installed. They're pretty cheesy though. I never use them.

M29
November 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Welcome hubberjub:AOK:

M29

duhvoodooman
November 27th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Hubberjub! Always nice to meet another "gear whore", especially one so close by (I'm up in the Schenectady-Albany area). Can't hardly wait to get home and check out your gear pix (they block 'em here at work :reallymad: ).

Born2Run
November 27th, 2007, 12:16 PM
There's nothing rewarding like home recording!

Guitar Gal
November 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Welcome aboard Hubberjub :Dude:

GG

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Man Hubber those photos look like they were taken underwater at night, sweet axes though (& nice to see a moe. sticker).

Which one is your #1?

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Man Hubber those photos look like they were taken underwater at night, sweet axes though (& nice to see a moe. sticker).

Which one is your #1?

Cool, went with the subtle approach.

Yep, new camera might be in your future (not that mine are any better) or at least a spot light.:D

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Cool, went with the subtle approach.

Yep, new camera might be in your future (not that mine are any better) or at least a spot light.:D
I do subtle day in & day out...I just telegraph & megaphone my subtlety.

It gives it punch to cut through the mix ;) :rotflmao: ;).

I *could* have asked if he took those pictures at 4:20 am ;).

just strum
November 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I do subtle day in & day out...I just telegraph & megaphone my subtlety.

:rotflmao:

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Please guys, I'm fragile. I actually don't think it's my camera. I just take bad pictures. Right now the Modulus is my main guitar. It's incredibly versatile and since the neck is graphite reinforced I know that the action isn't going to get messed up after spending days in the back of the band van.

tot_Ou_tard
November 27th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Jubster, we're just having fun.

It's better to play kick-a$$ guitar & take bad photos than vice versa (& there are plenty of vice versas on the net).

I don't even have a camera, so all I can do is dig up a stock photo of my guitars.

I have certainly heard of Modulus, but have have never heard one. Can you describe it's characteristics?

hubberjub
November 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I was just joking about the whole fragile thing. I can take a joke. The whole theory behind the Genesis series of Modulus guitars was that because of the use of graphite reinforcement they could use much softer tone woods than normal. This, allegedly, promotes resonance. My favorite feature on the guitar is that instead of having a coil tap switch for the pickups it has a knob that fades in and out the second coil of each pickup. I had never heard of this before.

tot_Ou_tard
November 28th, 2007, 07:25 AM
I was just joking about the whole fragile thing. I can take a joke. The whole theory behind the Genesis series of Modulus guitars was that because of the use of graphite reinforcement they could use much softer tone woods than normal. This, allegedly, promotes resonance. My favorite feature on the guitar is that instead of having a coil tap switch for the pickups it has a knob that fades in and out the second coil of each pickup. I had never heard of this before.

:D

That coil fades feature sounds interesting, do the sounds vary all that much as you dial the second coil in & out? Do you use it very often with, say, the second coil a 1/4 on?

Brian Krashpad
November 28th, 2007, 12:20 PM
It's better to play kick-a$$ guitar & take bad photos than vice versa (& there are plenty of vice versas on the net).

I resemble that remark! :mad: :thwap:

Brian Krashpad
November 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM

That sounds similar to the tone circuit on the old Peavey T-60's. On those, the tone control works like a regular tone control on each humbucker, until you get to about 7/10. At that point it starts fading out the second coil so that with the control dimed towards treble, it's a single coil.

Spudman
November 28th, 2007, 06:17 PM
That sounds similar to the tone circuit on the old Peavey T-60's. On those, the tone control works like a regular tone control on each humbucker, until you get to about 7/10. At that point it starts fading out the second coil so that with the control dimed towards treble, it's a single coil.

Same thing on my Peavey Mystic. Cool feature. I'm not sure why it didn't catch on more with other manufacturers.

oldguy
November 30th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hello. I'm a guitar player from Binghamton, NY. I play in a jam band...

I'm just hoping to meet new musicians (of any genre) to bounce ideas on equipment or techniques off of....

I am a gear whore and home recording enthusiast as well.

Welcome home, my son. You have done well.

:AOK: :beer: :rotflmao: :master: :Dude: