PDA

View Full Version : First gig coming up!

Plank_Spanker
November 26th, 2007, 04:46 PM
We launch Bad Logic on December 15th. As chief cat herder, I've been up to my eyeballs in getting this thing together - it has literally consumed every free minute I have. Now comes the payoff - playing paying gigs again and having fun! It's been one hell of a year between leaving one band and getting another one running, but our lineup is solid now, we have the talent we need, and we have a joint vision on where we want to go.

Let the games begin! (gonna be FUN!) :D

www.myspace.com/badlogicband

Algonquin
November 26th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Congrats Plank... Glad to hear it!

:beer:

just strum
November 26th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hey Plank - good luck and hope the hard work pays off.

I just went over to the MySpace page and listened to the four songs:AOK: :AOK: x2

helliott
November 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM
There's nothin tougher, and more rewarding, in music than putting a new band together. Enjoy every minute of the good times and buzz of good gigs, and ignore the other stuff if you can. And just kick ***.

tot_Ou_tard
November 26th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Alright Spanky!!!

Robert
November 26th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats. :rockon: Rock hard, in a funky place!

sunvalleylaw
November 26th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the update! Hope you have a lot of fun, and rake in some sheckles after all that work. The myspace links sound great!

Brian Krashpad
November 27th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Break a leg!

R_of_G
November 27th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Best of luck Plank!:AOK:

Plank_Spanker
November 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks, folks. :D

Algonquin
November 29th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Plank... you must have a friend or family member willing to take some photo's right?.

I betcha folks here (including me) would like to see some shots of the Gig.

Cheers :beer: from the Great White North!

Plank_Spanker
November 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'll enlist my wife to take some pics. This is a small bar with no lighting, so it won't be a fancy "rock star" photo op. I'll post them after the gig with a report.

stingx
November 29th, 2007, 09:47 PM
If I'm visiting my folks in south joisey over a weekend you're playing, I'll be there.

LagrangeCalvert
November 30th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hey Spank.....I just sent a Friends request Via my bands Myspace, so ACCEPT IT NOW! The band name is Second Chance at Eden.......methinks you'd like it.

Now go gig out and rock out with your socks out......OK?

J/C. Have fun man and hopefully you get paid, get - er....other things ;)

Bloozcat
November 30th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Congrats Plank! :AOK:

That's gotta be a great feeling. All the hard work is about to pay off. The anticipation must be killing you!

Brian Krashpad
November 30th, 2007, 07:54 AM
I'll enlist my wife to take some pics. This is a small bar with no lighting, so it won't be a fancy "rock star" photo op. I'll post them after the gig with a report.

Yay!

Pics rock. I have photos of a lot of my shows over the years, including my first-ever time playing in front of people at a party. In addition to just being fun to look at, they can help jog your memory and keep one gig from blurring into the next, as they can tend to do over the years.

Looking forward to the gig/pix thread! :AOK:

pie_man_25
November 30th, 2007, 09:03 AM
congratulations! It sounds like you're gonna be having fun!
I'm in a band as well, I forget our name, but we'll be ready between february and april.

Jimi75
November 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Plank, first of all good luck for the gig.

I am totally surprised how good your band sounds! Just visited your myspace profile and couldn't stop listening so I listened to all the songs here in my office and I turned the music up - hey it's Friday, so what!

The vocals are very characteristic and they reminded me of 80s British New Wave vocals.

You really got something going there!

Jimi

R_of_G
November 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Plank, finally had some time to check your band's myspace page [can't see it when i am at work bc of firewall]. i like the cover of creep. i'm a big radiohead fan, and am not at all above admitting that for all of the overplay that song got, i still love that song. nicely done.:Dude: