PDA

View Full Version : After 2 years of owning my Corned Beef pedal

Big_Rob
November 28th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Ive found something I dont like about it. Its small but it can be annoying.

First off I have a 1line plug chain for all my pedals as not to waste batteries.

I moved my rig out into the living room because all my gear was starting to take too much room in my bedroom.

So I hook it all up to a switched plug that also has a lamp on it, no hum so thats not a big issue. BUUUUUT, When I turn on the switch to turn on the light, everything stays off like it should stay off, thats everything but the Danelectro Corned Beef.

Its not a big deal, but its such a pain in the butt to have to stomp off that one pedal anytime I want light in my living room.

Other than that, I love my Corned Beef!

Tone2TheBone
November 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM
BR that sorta happens with my Danelectro Chicken Salad but in a backwards way. As soon as I turn the switch on all my pedals are off (as they should be) but this sucker stays on. Annoying as all hell. :) Told you Voo.

Big_Rob
November 29th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I just hope it doesnt burn out because sometimes Im not the one that turns the light switch on and it might be on for like 30 minutes straight.

duhvoodooman
November 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, for whatever reason, Danelectro designed their mini-effects (and maybe their other ones? I don't have any of those) to be "on by default". No idea why. I run mine off an adapter, too, so if the power goes off and comes back on, all the Danelectro pedals will be turned on. It's kind of annoying, I agree, but a minor point, and being all solid state, there's really no harm in them being on, even for hours at a time.

Note to T2TB: Get over it. :bootyshake: :rotflmao:

Tone2TheBone
November 29th, 2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah, for whatever reason, Danelectro designed their mini-effects (and maybe their other ones? I don't have any of those) to be "on by default". No idea why. I run mine off an adapter, too, so if the power goes off and comes back on, all the Danelectro pedals will be turned on. It's kind of annoying, I agree, but a minor point, and being all solid state, there's really no harm in them being on, even for hours at a time.

Note to T2TB: Get over it. :bootyshake: :rotflmao:

Do you know what it is you're asking? :crazyguy:

hubberjub
December 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
My DOD pedals do the same thing. Everytime I plug in my pedalboard they turn on.