PDA

View Full Version : Went looking for a Blonde last night...

Algonquin
November 29th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I went looking for a Blonde last night...

There've been a couple of posts recently about Squier Tele's, some with valid negative comments... but many positive as well.

I know it's not the top of the line guitar, but I thought it would be fine for my basement collection. I'm just looking for a bit of inexpensive variety.

I went to my local guitar shop to see if they had the Squier Affinity Tele in 'Butterscotch'. All they had was the Tele in black, but I really want to have a look at the Butterscotch.
http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0310203550

With none in stock, the young woman at the counter offered to take my number and call me if she located one. Good customer service I thought.

In case they can't locate one, I called a large guitar shop downtown who said they had them in stock, so maybe I'll visit them next week sometime.

Another model that I like the look and configuration of is the Vintage Modified SH Tele, but it's a bit more $$$ so I'll have to give it some thought.

I'd fully expect replacing the stock P/U's, but who knows... they may be ok.

If you've seen one of these Butterscotch Affinity Tele's and have any feedback, I'd love to here it.

Thanks again...

Cheers :beer:

ted s
November 29th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Which stores have you checked out David ?

Algonquin
November 29th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Last night I checked out Long and Mcquades (Oshawa), and today I called Steves Music downtown TO.

Do you have a lead on another shop carrying Squires at good prices?

Thanks...

David :beer:

ted s
November 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
There is an L & M in Burlington, I can't see any price benefit there, but if I can I will pop into "The Guitar Shop" and take a looksee.

pes_laul
November 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Chances are guitar center has one, do you live anywhere near one.

Algonquin
November 29th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Chances are guitar center has one, do you live anywhere near one.

Afraid not Pes... I'm up here in the Great White North.

Thanks for the tip though... Much appreciated!

:beer: Root Beer for you!

ted s
November 29th, 2007, 06:55 PM
http://www.theguitarshop.ca

ted s
November 30th, 2007, 01:55 PM
No luck David, L&M had nada, and the Burlington Guitar Shop has been closed for a while, not sure what's going on there.

Algonquin
November 30th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Thanks for looking Ted.

Strange about Burlington Guitar shop closing while the Web Site is still up and running.

I think I'll make a trip downtown Monday to browse around.

David

pes_laul
November 30th, 2007, 04:35 PM
what about ordering it online. though you can't really take it for a test drive. the guitar shop I go to you can ask the owner (or whoever's working there to order the guitar you want than you buy it. Is that a posibility at the one you go to?

ted s
November 30th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Good call Kris,
David, L&M has a 30 day no questions return policy I think.