PDA

View Full Version : melon collie?

helliott
December 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Here's a piece that some have observed contains an unusual mix of styles. Not sure myself, but anyway here it is.
http://www.box.net/shared/h16bkm116o

Algonquin
December 2nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Nice bit of recording there Howie.

I really like the thick chunky tone you're getting... Well done!

:beer:

M29
December 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Sounds good helliott:AOK: Got some sassyness to it and some bark. Nice dynamics, I likes it!

M29

SuperSwede
December 3rd, 2007, 01:07 AM
Helliot, I dont know if I agree that it "contains an unusual mix of styles". But a sweet recording, and I love your guitar sound on this one.

Justaguyin_nc
December 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM
acoustic like chime in the background and one nice tone on the lead.. it's not unusual.. it's pretty darn good..:AOK:

R_of_G
December 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
I enjoyed that a lot Helliott. I like the combination of the mellow chord progression with the searing guitar tone. Very well done.:AOK:

Guitar Gal
December 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
When I read the title, I thought you were doing a Smashing Pumpkins theme of some sort....:D

Was a nice piece and I really liked the acoustic part :AOK: Thanks for sharing this!

GG

Jimi75
December 4th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Oh that's a nice one Helliott! I hear Jimi, the Stones, Guns N Roses...pretty cool tone.

Kicked me in a positive way.

ted s
December 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Nice Howard, I detect some Marshal Tuckerisms in there I think.
Right on !

helliott
December 4th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Wow. You guys know your music. You pretty much nailed the influences and what I was trying for. Even the Marshall Tucker thing -- an underrated guitarist (Toy Caldwell, I think?), especially in terms of catchy melodies. I hadn't thought about that influencing the tune, but given Tucker is one of those classic sounds that often appears in my head for no reason at all, I guess it just got plugged in there.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still stuck on whether I should have added percussion, but am pretty satisfied with the overall vibe.

333maxwell
December 7th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I'm still stuck on whether I should have added percussion,

Na, I like it like it is..