PDA

View Full Version : New Fender 5150 III

Ascension
December 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
All I can say is HOLY S$#* :master: :master: !! INCREDABLE harmonic structure on both the gain channells. I was pulling Zack style pinch harmonics like crazy on both channells. The middle Channell I set up with a solid thick crunch and it would open up and clean up nicely when I backed off the guitar volume. The hot channell I had set up for a thick smoking solo tone and got infinate sustain with my pair of USA MG's.
What absolutely blew me away was how controllable the amp was. I was able to get some solid KILLER high gain tones at VERY low volumes that just got bigger and rounder as I cranked the amp. This thing is very usable at real world volumes.
The thing just ROCKS :rockon: and is the amp that the JSX Peavy should have been.
I also pulled over a Line 6 cab with Vin 30's to A/B with the 5150 cab. The cabs are a perfectr match for the head and the 5150 cab NUKED the line 6 with the Vin 30's BIG TIME!! The Line 6 cab sounded thin and puny side by side with the 5150 cab .
Folks these rigs are no joke!! At first I thought that the $3 K price for the halfstack was nuts-- that is untill I spent time with it. IMO forget the UBERSHALL, Boogie Recs, Diablo ect. The new 5150III is the best sounding high gain rig I have played at ANY price PERIOD!!
The only weakness is a little bit of a lack of clean headroom but I was still able to dial up a usable clean for rockin stuff.
The only thing I can think about now is how can I come up with enough cash :deadhorse: to get my hands on one of these:drool: :drool: !!!

Spudman
December 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
The only thing I can think about now is how can I come up with enough cash :deadhorse: to get my hands on one of these:drool: :drool: !!!

Little tip for ya: If you haven't yet applied for a card from Guitar Center do and they'll give ya 1 year same as cash. That's only 250 per month for a year.