PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone LP Junior

robert43
December 3rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
Hi I am looking at a back guitar for my sons Epiphone SG310. I have found a s/hand Epiphone LP junior, what are your thoughts on the above guitar 7 is there any thing to look for them ? thanks

Brian Krashpad
December 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
So long as you can play it first and it's a backup anyway, you should be OK. Those bolt-neck Epi Juniors are at the bottom of the Epi line though, so make sure the electronics and tuners work well and watch for bad fretwork and sharp fret ends.

sub006
December 8th, 2007, 11:27 AM
One of my middle son's buddies got one about ten years ago. Within six months several parts were falling off the body. In contrast, my son's Korean Danelectro hasn't had a problem in ten years; of course it cost $200 and the Epi was $99!

The young Epi owner in question gave up on playing guitar but is now completing a legal internship specializing in the music industry.

The Juniors may be better today.

pie_man_25
December 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM
One of my middle son's buddies got one about ten years ago. Within six months several parts were falling off the body. In contrast, my son's Korean Danelectro hasn't had a problem in ten years; of course it cost $200 and the Epi was $99!

The young Epi owner in question gave up on playing guitar but is now completing a legal internship specializing in the music industry.

The Juniors may be better today.

hehehehe that'll teach 'em!
I generally don't care for epis, they just don't satisfy me. you can get a good model, I just don't like them. It could just be the headstock, but I just don't like them.