PDA

View Full Version : Strat Abuse

FrankAxtell
December 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=518251&content=songinfo&songID=6046865

Fender stratocaster abuse...dedicated to all U.S. troops around the world, past and present. For their incredible contributions and sacrifices.
I call this one "Lock And Load".

http://ourside.anklebiter.net/Cameron%20in%20Iraq.jpg

aeolian
December 6th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Damn, that Strat must have been black and blue all over by the time you were done with it.

FrankAxtell
December 6th, 2007, 12:42 PM
:)

333maxwell
December 7th, 2007, 06:08 PM
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=518251&content=songinfo&songID=6046865

Fender stratocaster abuse...dedicated to all U.S. troops around the world, past and present. For their incredible contributions and sacrifices.
I call this one "Lock And Load".

http://ourside.anklebiter.net/Cameron%20in%20Iraq.jpg

Oh ya, for a moment I almost forgot.. hearing this one made me remember..

I need to get rid of my stuff and take up model trains or something!

oldguy
December 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM
IMHO, the tone on this is wonderful, Frank.
I'll skip the "sounds like...." references...... it sounds great, it sounds like Axtell, and it's on par with anything out there.
And thanks for thinking of our troops.:beer:

Radioboy950
December 7th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Fantastic Groove...and I dig the attack! :Dude:

just strum
December 7th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Great sound, great dedication.

More guitar, less war!!!

oldguy
December 7th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Great sound, great dedication.

More guitar, less war!!!

+1!!!!:AOK: :Dude: :rockon:

Justaguyin_nc
December 7th, 2007, 06:58 PM
The Axtell Experience...Full flavored.. all the time! :master:

M29
December 7th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Thats awesome Frank! Yes bless their hearts everyone of them!

M29

FrankAxtell
December 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Oh ya, for a moment I almost forgot.. hearing this one made me remember..

I need to get rid of my stuff and take up model trains or something!
333Maxwell,
No bro...it should instead inspire you to practice, play and create more music. I hear so many people online who blow me away all the time. I try and take something positive from all those experiences and create something new. I also spend many many arduous hours in the woodshed working on both jazz and classical guitar as to bring forth my own voice on the instrument. This art form is never ending so you can never be bored or get it all done.

"Music - The one incorporeal entrance into the higher world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend."
-- Ludwig van Beethoven

"Music is either good or bad, and it's got to be learned. You got to have balance."
-- Louis Armstrong

"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul."
--Johann Sebastian Bach

I hope that was an encouragement to you.

Merry Christmas,

Frank :beer:

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Frank,

I think you just posted something that would fit well in the "Best Advice " thread. :beer:

You're right, it should be and is inspiring. I'll bet Maxwell immediately said the he77 with the trains, let me get back to the guitar.

There are a number of people on this forum, from beginners to advanced, that offer some form of inspiration every day.

333maxwell
December 8th, 2007, 02:33 PM
333Maxwell,
No bro...it should instead inspire you to practice, play and create more music.
Frank :beer:

To be honest Frank, I can't remember the last time I 'practised'.. I just like making silly songs.. thats my version of practise..

Again, wonderful effort, I loved it!

FrankAxtell
December 8th, 2007, 09:14 PM
To be honest Frank, I can't remember the last time I 'practised'.. I just like making silly songs.. thats my version of practise..

Again, wonderful effort, I loved it!
That's cool man...:beer: I can chill with that...

stingx
December 10th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Since we've gotten on the subject of inspiration, I can honestly say that your music inspires me to be better than I am, which isn't all that great to begin with :rotflmao:
I started out on trumpet (cornet actually) in grade school, then a short stint on the piano before moving onto guitar. Although I learned music in school and via lessons, I lack the formal classical training that you have. I really want to find someone in my area to study under to get better with jazz phrasing and to help improve and bring my playing up several notches.

Anyway, I don't want to side step the reason for posting. I thought this was an excellent track and the guitar playing was just great. Love the tones you tweaked out of that guitar, Frank. You should bump up to VIP on soundclick, I'm sure it would bring even more attention to your quality work.

Robert
December 10th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Sounded great Frank, real wild and over the top - just like I like it! :Dude:

sunvalleylaw
December 11th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Frank, that was just amazing! You are very diverse in your skill and playing. Thanks very much for sharing it.

FrankAxtell
December 12th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Sounded great Frank, real wild and over the top - just like I like it! :Dude:
Thanks so much Robert, really appreciate that.

Kazz
December 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Damn....this is smoking hot....I love it....I only wish I could nail a groove like this....

FrankAxtell
January 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
Damn....this is smoking hot....I love it....I only wish I could nail a groove like this....
I've been practicing for a very long time........sowin' alot of guitar seed...there has to be a harvest someday...:D

mrmudcat
January 24th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Do you mind giving out your full setup for this track ??

Awesome tone!!!!:bravo:

FrankAxtell
January 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM
The rig for that track is as follows:
'62 reissue strat with 1968 pu's and electronic into A/B box...A to an Xotic RC Booster/BB Preamp on to my JMP 1970's 50 watt Marshall MKII with vintage 1970 Marshall 4x12. B to a Peavey 5150 (using the rhythm channel) with Marshall 4x12 1960 ax cab. All speakers are Celestion 25 watt greenbacks .... mics: 2 SM57 into Presonus Firepod into Mac G5 running Logic Pro 7. Hope that helps...

Frank

mrmudcat
January 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
:beer: Oh yea that helps alot Thank You!!(I like this the best so far):bravo: