PDA

View Full Version : CB Strikes Again!

luvmyshiner
December 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
And she couldn't have picked a better week! So I was getting ready to go to this class I teach at our local community college this afternoon, when one of the lawyers I office with came in and told me I had received something from RGG Music. I told her that was my buddy Dave from the forum and it was probably a Christmas card. She looked at me funny and suggested I might want to come take a look. Out in the reception area was a box. I knew it had to be a guitar and I told the other lawyer this couldn't possibly be right because I hadn't ordered another guitar. But of course I opened it. My office looked like the living room at Christmas after the kids have opened their presents. I was throwing stuff everywhere just trying to get it open. And when I opened the last box and pulled out the guitar, I saw this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060008.jpg

So say hello to my early Christmas present, a new Washburn EA52SWCE.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060001.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060003.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060004.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060005.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/PC060007.jpg

luvmyshiner
December 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Thank you CB and thank you Dave!:master: :master::master:

(I had to put this in a second post because I couldn't fit any more images in the first:thwap: )

just strum
December 6th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Holy crap, Batman!!!

I don't know what is more impressive, the fact that she bought you the guitar or that fact that she went all the way to Philadelphia to write that message inside the box.

Envious in Ohio,

luvmyshiner
December 6th, 2007, 06:09 PM
. . . she went all the way to Philadelphia to write that message inside the box.

Hmm, that explains why she couldn't have lunch with me last week.:D

Thanks Strum, this guitar is a lotta' firsts for me. It's my first E/A, and my first solid wood guitar. She got it because I fell in love with the EA20 I got her from you. I can't wait to put a decent set of strings on her and plug her in.:rockon:

R_of_G
December 6th, 2007, 06:15 PM
You're a lucky guy on at least two counts Shiner!:AOK:

Childbride
December 6th, 2007, 06:34 PM
several months ago, i emailed Dave, and said 'ok. if he can't have a D'Aquisto, then he wants a guitar with this, this, this, and this'

Dave found all of those for me in this guitar. he emailed me to let me know about it, and Shiner was going through those archtop blues, and i said let's do it.

so after a craptactular week of court, i went most of the lunch hour still working cases, and had about fifteen min before the afternoon docket. Shiner was still in class, but i had an order to run over to one of the lawyers he rents office space from. the office is a block away from where we're having court, so i run [slight exaggeration, fast walk] over to get the order to the lawyer to enter into district court this afternoon...

she's the only one in the office.

'ummmm... he got a package today' [guilty look] 'was i supposed to hide it from him?'

'no, s'ok. did he like it?'

'o, heckya, you wanna see?'

so we go down the hall to Shiner's office, and literally, looked like the aftermath of a three-year-old bday party unwrapping... packaging strewn here and yon. and there she was.

lawyer says 'pick it up'

i did, and saw Dave's graffiti and grinned. too wicked cool.

and best of all

NO CRACKS ANYWHERE!!!

:D :D :D

merry xmas, honey, you deserve it in spades.

and i cannot say enough about RGG music, Dave, or his customer service. you da man, Dave!!! [toast for everyone!!!! ] :beer: :Dude: :D

ted s
December 6th, 2007, 06:53 PM
What a great surprise, thanks for sharing, you two !

warren0728
December 6th, 2007, 07:10 PM
childbride....please say you have a single twin sister....finding a gal who supports and ENCOURAGES GAS is a beautiful thing!! :Dude:

ww :D

Tone2TheBone
December 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Wow you Washburners are tight! Great guitar great photos and great friendship and love all around. That is a beautiful gift. Kudos to the Shiner and Dave organization. :beer:

sunvalleylaw
December 7th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Very nice! Congrats to both of you! And good to hear of the good service too.

luvmyshiner
December 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys! It only took me like . . . six marriages, but I finally found a keeper!:D :D

Changed the strings out on her last night and plugged her into the amp. She sounds sweet unplugged, but MAN when you plug her in she's a monster. So now I guess I'm going to have to break down and find an acoustic amp. Any excuse to buy more gear!:AOK:

Guitar Gal
December 7th, 2007, 12:32 PM
WOW :AOK:

Very nice Shiner! I'm sure no one has to tell you what a lucky man you are to have CB :master: Great story!

Keep us updated on your hunt for an acoustic amp.

GG

warren0728
December 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
It only took me like . . . six marriages, but I finally found a keeper!
if at first you don't succeed.... :AOK:

ww

Adrian30
December 7th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Cograts Shiner! That's a cool guitar.

Brian Krashpad
December 7th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Congrats!

Darn lawyers!

(this last bit is a joke)

aeolian
December 7th, 2007, 02:14 PM
You are a lucky couple to have each other.

warren0728
December 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM
+100!

ww

M29
December 7th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Man!!!!

Congrats:AOK: Oh I bet it sounds as good as it looks!!

M29

luvmyshiner
December 7th, 2007, 06:41 PM

Well, I'm certainly very lucky. Not sure about CB though.:( But as long as I make sure she never sobers up, and I refuse to let her go to the optomo . . . opthomotomo . . . hippopotomo . . . eye doctor, I think this one might just work.:AOK:

Katastrophe
December 7th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Gorgeous guitar. That Washburn certainly looks well built and crack free.

May she help you create beautiful music for years to come!:D

Fantastic job, CB!:D

wingsdad
December 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Shiner, CB-
:beer:
It sure has been fun 'watching' you 2 come all this way over the past...oh...however long it's been since it was Shiner & the D10 gettin' loose down by the river one night with some ShinerBock ...uh...serenading a few folks...;)

Oh, my. :)

That's truly a sweet guitar. One of Washburn's best...nice.

Childbride
December 8th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Wingsdad...

she is my EA20 on steroids. the more i pick her up, the more i love about her. ;)

wingsdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Well-put, CB. :AOK: I came close to snagging one a couple of years ago. I was actually choosing between it and an EA20. Size, shape & feel are so close. But so diiferent in wood character...I wanted a 'snappy', crisp strummer. I took the EA20.