PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Tim & Robert!

duhvoodooman
March 11th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Tim, for inspiring me to give something like this a try.

Robert, for an excellent blues-in-E backing track.

Recorded with my son's new Tele using the line-out from my AD30VT. Tweed 4x10 model with some chorus reverb. Parts of it I like pretty well and other parts are kind of lame, but it sure was fun to fool around with!

Jammin' Winter Blues (http://duhvoodooman.com/audio_clips/jammin_winter_blues.mp3)

warren0728
March 11th, 2006, 08:02 PM
voodoo...that sounded great....which backing track is that....i like it.

edit: nevermind i found it...search is my friend! :D

ww

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Nice one Voodoo, and the tele twanged very nice :)

Guitar-Chris
March 12th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Robert, for an excellent blues-in-E backing track.

Yeah, not meant to be a thread hitchhiking, but I'd like to ad some blues, that was recorded by accident ;)

I just was testing to record via microphone, so i loaded Robert's backing and played around. So here comes the result:

All played on my Telecaster, first part on the neck pup with UK 70's amp model. Second part on the bridge pickup with AC30TB. Sound pure AD50VT, except the delay on the second part, added by a plugin.

warren0728
March 12th, 2006, 08:08 AM
chris,
i really enjoyed that! I am having hard time with "improvising" over backing tracks but am not giving in.

I loved the two different sounds...both were great!

ww

Justaguyin_nc
March 12th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Nice Voodoo and Chris... Tele and VOX's sound was rocking...

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Excellent duhvoodooman!

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Sehr gut Chris! :)

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Oui, Chris c'etait carrement formidable!

Hey SuperSwede why are you replying in German and not in Swedish?

Guitar-Chris
March 12th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Sehr gut Chris! :)

Danke schön :D

Hey, today i had walk through the city, when i saw a Hagstroem (sp?) Guitar. They were tested hier in the magazins and it was said, that they are very pricy for that quality. I will test them next days...

Guitar-Chris
March 12th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Oui, Chris c'etait carrement formidable!

Hey SuperSwede why are you replying in German and not in Swedish?

Perhaps he knows, that I don't really understand any word in swedish :rolleyes:

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 09:07 AM
D'oh, I get it. Chris is German! Still you should lay a little Swedish on us!

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Tot_Ou_Tard, både jag och Robert är från Sverige.... :D

Chris, the new Hagstroms is not even made in Sweden. They are built on license in Asia, and is NOT the nice instruments Hagström used to build.

Guitar-Chris
March 12th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Chris, the new Hagstroms is not even made in Sweden. They are built on license in Asia, and is NOT the nice instruments Hagström used to build.

Good to know. But in the recent tests, they were rated all right. And they look good too.

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=SuperSwede]Tot_Ou_Tard, både jag och Robert är från Sverige.... :D

Alright lemme guess....hmmmm...

Both me and Robert are from Sweden.

It's either that or:

I buff my fingertips until they are as smooooOOOoooth as a babies bottom.

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 10:34 AM
correct answer, but I wont tell you which one ;)

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM
By the way.

I have in my possesion an album by Kent "Vapen & Ammunition" that I bought on a whim to hear Swedish rock. I have been too busy listening to other things to even give a it listen. Should I pop it in the ol cd player?

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Personally I dont like Kent, I think you should try to get hold of Louise Hoffsten "Collection 1991-2002".

Songs to look for: "hit me with your lovething" , "Let the best man win" & "Dance on your grave".

Sky High is another great band worth looking for.

Robert
March 12th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Good job you guys playing on my little backing track! I am glad it worked to play along with for you. Both your takes were inspiring, great job!

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Personally I dont like Kent, I think you should try to get hold of Louise Hoffsten "Collection 1991-2002".

Songs to look for: "hit me with your lovething" , "Let the best man win" & "Dance on your grave".

Sky High is another great band worth looking for.

I'll look out for those, thanks! I always like to hear new music.

Guitar-Chris
March 12th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Good job you guys playing on my little backing track! I am glad it worked to play along with for you. Both your takes were inspiring, great job!

Thanks and thanks a lot for the nice backing. But now it's your turn to give us a lesson :)

Sure, it would be great if it would be possible to meet in a real jam. That would be much fun. A whole bunch of VOXes and Squier guitars and then let the blues swing, ha, ha,:cool:

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Thank you for the track. Got any more of those, BTW? Maybe something with a little quicker tempo? You know how much I like Texas shuffles! :R

I grabbed that Cm-Fm-Gm-Cm clip I saw posted, but everytime I play it, I can't get Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" outta my head! :eek:

Justaguyin_nc
March 12th, 2006, 01:47 PM
LOL Voodoo.. thats probably what it is... Da ' Twilight Zone... now we need a Radar Love....

tot_Ou_tard
March 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
correct answer, but I wont tell you which one ;)

Just as I suspected...It's kinda funny that Robert means "baby's bottom" in Swedish though, cause it is just a name in the US.

duhvoodooman
March 12th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Just as I suspected...It's kinda funny that Robert means "baby's bottom" in Swedish though, cause it is just a name in the US.
Wow, good thing I'm not Swedish, 'cuz my first name is Robert, too! :eek:

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Actually its not entirely true.... :D