PDA

View Full Version : Duane Allman Footage

duhvoodooman
December 7th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I stumbled across this, and thought I'd post the link here. There is precious little video footage of Duane Allman playing live, and I've never seen any that let you see him working his magic up close. This is footage shot at the Love Valley Pop Festival in NC in Sept. 1970. It's Mountain Jam, and the video is broken into two pieces. The video quality in fairly poor and the audio, even worse. But, hey, it's Duane playing, and that's worth watching anytime, IMO. The link is to Part 1; you can also get to Part 2 from the same page:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=8315125

mrmudcat
December 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Now thats what im talking about !!!!!

Thank You!!!!:master:

Kazz
December 8th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Yep....thats what I like to listen to.....there will never be another like Duane.

R_of_G
December 8th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Awesome. Duane was amazing. I actually learned "Mountain Jam" a few months ago and have been playing it a lot lately so that was cool to see!

mrmudcat
December 8th, 2007, 10:00 PM
SkyDog is GOD!!!:master:

Lets not forget about Betts,that isnt Duane double tracking live:rotflmao:

warren0728
December 8th, 2007, 10:19 PM
there will never be another duane...sends chills down my spine when i hear him play....lived not to far from where i am now (i'm about an hour from daytona beach)

why do some of the greatest players leave this earth so damn earlier?.... :confused:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
December 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Sky Dog!!!!

Thanks Vood!

Iago
December 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
great footage.. i remember seeing a little part of it on youtube almost 2 years ago. Its great to know theres more to see, even if its still just too short!

Born2Run
December 10th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Duane gave us quite the contribution during his short time.

helliott
December 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Great to see this, technical shortcomings and all. Anyone else notice
Duane doesn't seem to be damping the strings behind the slide? If it's true, it's amazing that he could get that sounds while having the string ringing, too. Maybe it's the film, or he may have somehow used the tip of his middle finger, as some players do, only damping the string he's picking. Anyway, great stuff.
Thanks.

M29
December 10th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Hello helliott,

I noticed that too. A master for sure.

M29