PDA

View Full Version : Trying to be original

Kazz
December 8th, 2007, 08:23 AM
But, I see there are several fellow Washburn Forae Folk over here.

Muddy suggested I check this place out and after looking at a few videos and the layout figured I would register. From what I have read so far this place has a much more comfortable feel to me.

I was forced into classical lessons at 7 suffered through about a year of that crap....This would have been about 1975 I was really in to Kiss and Ace Frehley by that time and I wanted to rock not try to be Beethoven.

My aunt who bought me my first guitar and the lessons did not want to invest in the future of the next Rock God....so they yanked me out of classes and tried to beat the devil out of me LMAO....didn't work.

About 3 years ago now I guess I decided I wanted to try guitar again and went to Musicians Friend and bought the El Cheapo Rogue starter guitar for $29.00 bucks and a Dean Evo XM electric.....then went into a pawn shop and bought a Peavey Bandit 112 for $150....had more in the amp than I did both guitars....

I didnt want to invest alot of money in case I did not stick with it....6 months later I bought my first Washburn D10S and Gas promptly set in, I bought a D10QSB, D10SCE, a Greg Bennett Avion (Les Paul copy) a Strat copy, a Tele copy, and then I have this years long lust affair for the Washburn J28SDL that I still have not broken down and bought.....

Currently I have the Avion, and Tele copy and the Parkwood PW340FM the Tele and Parwood are possibly sold so I can finance my next round of gas....and I am working towards saving for a Gibson Les Paul Solid Mahogany.

I have been around forums for roughly 10 years or so now I guess started out with Virtual Dr tech support forums and have made the rounds to many different tech support, music and guitar forums.

Always trying to learn something new....and still trying to learn to play guitar...but at 39....I am guessing I will be trying to learn this thing up until the day they bury me with it.

Robert
December 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Welcome Kazz, hey it's never too late to learn new things!

Thanks for joining our fretter clan.

mrmudcat
December 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the fret!!!!:rockon:

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 08:33 AM
But, I see there are several fellow Washburn Forae Folk over here.

Muddy suggested I check this place out and after looking at a few videos and the layout figured I would register. From what I have read so far this place has a much more comfortable feel to me.

Dude, I told you to get over here two months ago, you need to read your e-mail or forward me your new address if you changed it. It's good to see you over here, you are going to enjoy it. Edit: :AOK: to Mudcat for getting a hold of you.

About 3 years ago now I guess I decided I wanted to try guitar again and went to Musicians Friend and bought the El Cheapo Rogue starter guitar for $29.00 bucks and a Dean Evo XM electric.....then went into a pawn shop and bought a Peavey Bandit 112 for $150....had more in the amp than I did both guitars....

Amazing where those little purchases can lead you:rockon:

...and then I have this years long lust affair for the Washburn J28SDL that I still have not broken down and bought....

And she's still sitting here waiting for you :)

Parkwood PW340FM the Tele and Parwood are possibly sold ...so I can finance my next round of gas....

Say what???

Enjoy and drop me a line when you get a chance.

luvmyshiner
December 8th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Kazz, good to see ya'. Welcome aboard . . . oh, and run like hell if Warren offers to make you some pancakes.:pancake

Kazz
December 8th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I have seen a few references already to the notorious cakes.....I am going to have to use that search function to see what the noise is....

Strum....I guess I did not get that email or may have been in one of those moods and over looked it or deleted it....who knows....all I know is I was not seeing you and Rocket around the other place and darnit if I didn't miss you BOTH lmao.....(next time I have to work on my aim ha ha)

I see that you are taken back by comment about possibly selling the Parkwood....its not because I don't like it.....it is still an amazingly beautiful guitar and great tone....but as Rocket said.....my hands are like truck drivers.....and the older I get the less they like to move....so I am looking for something with a 1.9" or whatever that works out to be in millimeters nutwidth so my big fingers can cleanly fret a first position C chord.

I also really want a real Gibson Les Paul....and being married with children X2 means I cannot justify spending that kind of money and having a Dreadman sied herd of guitars......but oh boy would I like to be able to justify it LMAO.
so occasionally I have to sell some.....

Speaking of....I never ever thought I would like the ES 335 type guitars...until I played an EPI dot (actually 2 of them) last weekend at the evil corporate Guitar Center......I am soooo in love with that tone.

the email address is still the same...altho I am finding it not very convenient this time of year when I am ordering Christmas presents online and trying to keep confirmation and shipping emails from the Mrs.....so she does not find out what she is getting.

Childbride
December 8th, 2007, 09:28 AM
KAZZ!!! :D

good to see ya, buddy!

you'll really like it here! nice place! :AOK:

Kazz
December 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Kimmie...can we sit around and talk about Kiss and the good ole days :-)

Thanks all for the warmest of welcomes....Mrs. Kazz is making me go Christmas shopping....so I guess I am out for now.....time to go raise the blood pressure several points.....hmmm I been good maybe I can drive us to Guitar Center for a jam session LMAO

There are benefits to driving.

oldguy
December 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome to TheFret.Net! Glad you joined us!:D

Spudman
December 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Hi and welcome.
Enjoy your new home away from home.

tot_Ou_tard
December 8th, 2007, 10:55 AM
I
Strum....I guess I did not get that email or may have been in one of those moods and over looked it or deleted it....who knows....all I know is I was not seeing you and Rocket around the other place and darnit if I didn't miss you BOTH lmao.....(next time I have to work on my aim ha ha)
Yeah, but Rocket stopped in for only a brief moment & hasn't been heard from since.

I asked him if he could animate his skull avatar with blinking red eyes...he's probably cowering in shame trying to figure out how to do it ;).

Welcome Kazz!

How many 'burnies does that make over here? 10? 12?

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 10:59 AM

zero, we're fretters.:beer:

duhvoodooman
December 8th, 2007, 12:06 PM
zero, we're fretters.:beer:
Now, there's the spirit! :AOK:

Happy to have you here at TheFret, Kazz! :Dude:

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Now, there's the spirit! :AOK:

Thanks, but I guess I shouldn't speak for the others. So I don't know how many are here, but it's at least one less than what you guys might think.

mrmudcat
December 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, but Rocket stopped in for only a brief moment & hasn't been heard from since.

I asked him if he could animate his skull avatar with blinking red eyes...he's probably cowering in shame trying to figure out how to do it ;).

Welcome Kazz!

Not to speak for rocket but he has alot on his plate all the time. Also like im sure all of us family needs are first:smile-us:

And yea you would be surprised who is not a burnie ,never was a burnie, or who is no longer a burnie!!:D :thwap:

I do consider myself a fretter or whatever we call ourselves.You along with all the O.G.'S I mean O.F.'S have been very warm and welcoming!!!:beer:

Brian Krashpad
December 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Welcome, lots of Washies here!

Childbride
December 8th, 2007, 07:47 PM
no, i'm with Strum. fretters. :beer: :pancake :Dude:

Guitar Gal
December 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome Kazz :rockon:

GG

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 07:55 PM
no, i'm with Strum. fretters. :beer: :pancake :Dude:

Pancakes and beer, gotta be a fretter!!!

tot_Ou_tard
December 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Not to speak for rocket but he has alot on his plate all the time. Also like im sure all of us family needs are first:smile-us:

And yea you would be surprised who is not a burnie ,never was a burnie, or who is no longer a burnie!!:D :thwap:

I do consider myself a fretter or whatever we call ourselves.You along with all the O.G.'S I mean O.F.'S have been very warm and welcoming!!!:beer:
Well, I hope he finds time to come back.

What are O.G.'s & O.F.'s?

just strum
December 8th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Well, I hope he finds time to come back.

Me too. Tot, in some ways you are a lot like Rocket, very witty.

What are O.G.'s & O.F.'s?

I was wondering the same thing.

wingsdad
December 8th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Howdy, Kazz. Good to see you land here.:)

Fretter now. Only have time for one guitar forum, and this be the one, mon. I poke my head in the Tacoma U-Group once in a while, but the Wash one?

Childbride
December 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM
and this be the one, mon. I poke my head in the Tacoma U-Group once in a while, but the Wash one?

geezly crow, can my vacation get here already, mon? i want to get back to a beach with my perfect plastic water and no cell phones... o, santa, bequeath me my wishes!!!

mrmudcat
December 9th, 2007, 12:54 AM
:thwap: lame attempt at humor .........nevermind:thwap:

Kazz
December 9th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks again all for the warm welcome....there is alot of interesting reading to do over here...and so little time to do it....I have to say I love the modding section tho....

bigoldron
December 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Hey Kazz! Welcome aboard to a fellow 'Burner! I guess now we need to call ourselves "pickers" (not the nose kind...) or "fretters"...

Anyway, keep on a rockin'!!! :R :rockon: :Dude:

Adrian30
December 9th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome Kazz!:)

sunvalleylaw
December 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Welcome Kazz! I played music long ago on a piano and returned to music with guitar here a little over a year ago. This place has been great!

BTW, Old guys and old farts?

tot_Ou_tard
December 10th, 2007, 07:20 AM
BTW, Old guys and old farts?
Good guess Sun.

Tone2TheBone
December 10th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome dude. :)

M29
December 11th, 2007, 11:01 PM
Welcome Kazz:AOK:

M29

YerDugliness
February 18th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Now just how the H E DoubleL did I manage to miss your intro thread, Kazz ol' buddy?????? Like most, I've been a bit busy lately, haven't had time to check in much, but to miss your intro???

UNFORGIVABLE :thwap: !!!

Welcome, Kazz :master: !!

Dugly :cool: