PDA

View Full Version : My first song post

hubberjub
December 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
This isn't really a song, it's a representation of how the keyboard player in my band and I write. In this case he developed a drum beat using Drum Core. He then recorded the bass part and his keyboards into Protools and sent me the file on Yousendit.com. I import it into my Protools studio and lay down a few guitar ideas and send it back to him. He then typically decides I've done too much wanking and cuts out the parts he doesn't like and sends me the results. In this case he has not had the opportunity to re-edit the track so I pretty much just solo through the whole song. It's rough but it will work for a scratch track. Let me know what you think. I can take criticism.

http://www.box.net/shared/t691oqaf7j

333maxwell
December 11th, 2007, 03:11 PM
This isn't really a song, it's a representation of how the keyboard player in my band and I write. In this case he developed a drum beat using Drum Core. He then recorded the bass part and his keyboards into Protools and sent me the file on Yousendit.com. I import it into my Protools studio and lay down a few guitar ideas and send it back to him. He then typically decides I've done too much wanking and cuts out the parts he doesn't like and sends me the results. In this case he has not had the opportunity to re-edit the track so I pretty much just solo through the whole song. It's rough but it will work for a scratch track. Let me know what you think. I can take criticism.

http://www.box.net/shared/t691oqaf7j

It's a good scratchpad effort.. some nice chops scattered through out.

Thanks for sharing.

hubberjub
December 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks Max. I appreciate the feedback.

Jimi75
December 12th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Hello Hubberjub, great song. The drum programming is excellent. The song reminds me of old Steve Vai Felxable stuff.

Good guitar playing and warm tone. I think your legato lines really fit the song.

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Really enjoyable Hubberjub, keep us updated as the song progresses.

I'd like to hear how it changes as it is refined.

hubberjub
December 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for your kind words.