PDA

View Full Version : Sound clip

Steve206
December 9th, 2007, 04:05 PM
1391 Hello folks,,

I was able to get a couple of things onto the Zoom 8 track. First time I got this far. The learning curve is steep and the manual has you going back and forth.

Anyway, If I can figure out how to post it here,,,,

Wash J28SCEDL direct into the machine, Shure SM58 for vocal, Wash J6 for electric attempt. This stuff is a little tougher than the old reel to reel days.

I guess I will now go to the FAQ section to see how to do this stuff,,,

Steve

just strum
December 9th, 2007, 04:22 PM
1391 Hello folks,,

I was able to get a couple of things onto the Zoom 8 track. First time I got this far. The learning curve is steep and the manual has you going back and forth.

Anyway, If I can figure out how to post it here,,,,

Wash J28SCEDL direct into the machine, Shure SM58 for vocal, Wash J6 for electric attempt. This stuff is a little tougher than the old reel to reel days.

I guess I will now go to the FAQ section to see how to do this stuff,,,

Steve

Steve,

I never knew you had that in ya - I like the J6 and you don't have a bad voice. Nice job.

Guitar Gal
December 9th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Steve,

Great job for your first sound clip post :AOK:

GG

oldguy
December 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Nice job, Steve! Enjoyed that alot, thanks for sharing it with us. Good job on guitars and vocals, both well done. :beer:

M29
December 10th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Very nice Steve very nice indeed, I really enjoyed it:AOK:

M29

stingx
December 10th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I listened to this yesterday but ran out of the house before I could comment. Very nice track, Steve. Just gave it another spin. I really enjoyed the playing. Pretty damn good job on the vocal capture too. I'm curious as to which what Zoom 8 track you used. I own a Zoom MRS-8 and I love that little unit. It makes great tracks and is very practical. :beer:

aeolian
December 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM
That's excellent, I really enjoyed it.

The song is terrific as it is, I do have a couple of comments about the recording. I hear some hiss in the recording, if you do more you probably want to track down where that is coming from. To my ears your mix has too many instruments bunched up in the middle (it almost comes across as mono). If this were my song I would pan the guitars some a bit to the right and some a bit to the left and see how that sounds. This is by no means criticism, and you already have a very nice recording.

just strum
December 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Steve,

I think you received some pretty good debut reviews. If you listen to a lot of these guys (I won't list them because I'm sure to leave someone out) they can give you a lot of tips.

So while you are receiving the accolades, I hope some will offer some tips for you to advance your writing and recording.

Steve206
December 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for all the nice thoughts,,,

Turns out that I only have four tracks on the tune. And yes, it is a MRS8.

I have not learned all those panning and mixing down techniques. Have not tried any bounce recording or Vtakes either. I am just totally gassed to be able to listen to something of my own, and then, to be able to go back into it and add a little somethin somethin.

From what I read here, most of the group seems to be recording into their computers. Based on the knockdown, dragout fights, that I usually have with mine, the Zoom is looking a little better.

Like I said, the Zoom is not the most user friendly. But, my prior experience is with an old reel to reel. With some more practice I hope to be able to get my moneys worth out of the Zoom.

Thanks again,,,

Steve

stingx
December 10th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I have a computer based setup and use the MRS-8 just as much. Sometimes I prefer the MRS-8 over the PC. I have had it over a year now and found it pretty easy to use from the beginning but used various forums to really open up all the avenues on it. You can get huge sounds from this device.

In case you don't already know, here's a link to the best Zoom forum on the web:

http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/index.php

Friendly and knowledgeable folk and you can listen to other people's soundclips to hear how amazing that Zoom can sound.

sunvalleylaw
December 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I like it very much Steve! I like the acoustic backing the electric lead. Your vocal is nice too!

luvmyshiner
December 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Finally catching up a little on my listening, very cool Steve!

Steve206
December 11th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Pete,,

Never even considered that there might be a site for the Zoom. Got it bookmarked and will be spending some time there today.

Thanks,,

Steve