PDA

View Full Version : Old and Unusual song site

oldguy
December 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM
First things first, if you don't care for older songs, or don't want to read a long post, this may not be for you!:rotflmao:
Now...
I don't think this site has been mentioned before. For some of us older Fretter's, I'd ask that you read the first page of the site before dismissing it. There's tons of trivia and fun facts here also, BTW. So...
I had a real problem deciding where to list it. General guitar talk and Open Mic came to mind, but I settled on T, T, and Playing, with this caveat...
as the man himself says, he's an amateur. Here's one of his quotes, which I thoroughly enjoyed, perhaps because I'm another self-taught gentleman of advancing years.....

"(Hey, I was over 50 when I first learned about diminished chords. I figured, "Why clutter what's left of my brain by remembering four names for the same thing?")"

I can identify.... I'll never be a world-class chef, I just wanna be able to cook something decent for my friends and family when I have time.....
I don't aspire to be a star, but I'd like to play some Christmas songs for my family, and have a sing-along, and make some memories.
These aren't perfect, but there are songs here I seldom see. Christmas songs, (thus this post), oldies, (like me), and others. For rank beginners, alot of these will be confusing, assuming you find something you'd like to learn and follow the chord progression. If you let your "ears be your guide", as it says, and like plunking on acoustic, however, there are some gems here. Be forewarned, you'll need to be open-minded concerning the way the music theory is presented, it's "different", to say the least.
And lastly, if nothing else, it's a fun site to explore, and look for some old tunes you might have heard long ago.... (Mel Torme? Dammit!, I feel old for some reason...). Anyway, have fun.....:D
Oh, yeah, Robert, Spud, if this should be in a different spot, feel free to move it!!:D

http://www.theguitarguy.com/home.htm

Spudman
December 10th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Cool find. Thanks. I've often wondered what could be played behind those older songs.

tot_Ou_tard
December 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I got a warning from my security software about adware & spyware when I clicked on that link.

oldguy
December 10th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I got a warning from my security software about adware & spyware when I clicked on that link.

I've never had a warning yet, but if it's showing up, avoid it, by all means!!!
I wouldn't want to cause a problem for anyone, I just found it an interesting site.
If anyone else runs across this, let me know, or PM Robert or Spudman, and I'll delete the post ASAP!!!

sunvalleylaw
December 10th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I did not get a warning. Looks fun! I'll have to check it out some more. Thanks!