PDA

View Full Version : Victor Wooten Norwegian Wood

tot_Ou_tard
December 10th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Vic is a treasure...listen:

f9a4ThBNacY

In fact, all the Wooten bros are fantastic.

hubberjub
December 10th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Victor's amazing. Enough said.

Robert
December 10th, 2007, 10:10 PM
A true master. One of the most amazing bass players that ever lived, no doubt.

t_ross33
December 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I've been a big fan of Victor's for a long time. Tripped onto him thru his work with Bela Fleck, who I tripped on to from his work with New Grass Revival which I tripped on to cuz I like my country outside the box, so to speak.

Always dug the fact that he kicks it old school with a 4 string and didn't jump on the 5 string bandwagon (or 6 or 8 or more for that matter). That fingerstyle stuff is killer... :AOK:

Trev

R_of_G
December 11th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Have had the pleasure of seeing Victor play several times and he NEVER disappoints. "Norwegian Wood" is one of a handful of songs he goes to a lot in his solo section of Bela Fleck shows. Another is "Amazing Grace." Both sound amazing!

I also wanted to echo the thoughts about Victor playing a four string. If he can do that much with just four strings, what on earth does anybody need a fifth for on a bass?:rotflmao:

tjcurtin1
December 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I stumbled onto the Tones years ago and got hooked by the amazing music. On top of it, the Wootens also seem like beautiful human beings. I get that vibe from Bela, too. I was struck by his notes on Acoustic Planet, where all he did was talk about how great all the other musicians were that he got to play with , and what an honor it was to play with them; pretty humble considering his staggering talent.

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2007, 07:08 AM
I stumbled onto the Tones years ago and got hooked by the amazing music. On top of it, the Wootens also seem like beautiful human beings. I get that vibe from Bela, too. I was struck by his notes on Acoustic Planet, where all he did was talk about how great all the other musicians were that he got to play with , and what an honor it was to play with them; pretty humble considering his staggering talent.

Yes, the Wooten's all have big hearts.

You'll leave a Victor show with with a heart full of love n' groove in your being.

The guy is the real deal. We need more of'em.