This is some awesome guitar playing, guys....:beer: :master:

Don't Try This At Home
oeJHnkUKg_M

Spudman
December 11th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Toomenynotes! :D :master:

jpfeifer
December 11th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Wow, that was fantastic. Great playing by both of these guys! It's just not fair that a guy like Vince Gill can play like that and also be a great singer. I'm still trying to mast ther playing part alone ... :-)

-- Jim

t_ross33
December 12th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Wow, that was fantastic. Great playing by both of these guys! It's just not fair that a guy like Vince Gill can play like that and also be a great singer. I'm still trying to mast ther playing part alone ... :-)

-- Jim

Not only that, Vince golfs like a Pro. Life just ain't fair sometimes :poke:

I won front row tix to see Vince a couple of years ago - awesome show! Dan Tyminiski of Union Station was on tour with him holding down rhythm and acoustic noodlin duties . Lots of pickin and grinnin :AOK:

I'd like to study Vince's playing a bit more - he uses a pick for the most part and doesn't use the pick/finger(s) hybrid technique much. Kinda unique for that chickin pickin style.

Trev

jpfeifer
December 12th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Trev,

I too would like to get better at the chicken-pick'n style of playing. I've heard some stuff by Brad Paisley that really blew me away. I'd like to learn some of his stuff.

Many years ago I saw the Hellacasters play in a small venue in Los Angeles. That was some of the best Tele-style playing I'd ever seen, and there were 3 of them at once!

-- Jim

Lev
December 12th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Country pickin has kinda become a holly grail for me recently, it's such an under appreciated skill in music. I'm starting to get a bit quicker with my hybrid picking but I've a long way to go. I recently bought Brad Paisleys last CD but although the guy is amazing he doesn't play enough guitar in his songs - which I understand coz only a small percentage of his audiance are guitarists. The same kinda goes for Vince Gill, to get an appreciation for these guys skills you kinda need to see them live coz it doesn't come across in their recordings.

Can anyone recommend me some good country pickin guitar CD's? I guess I'm looking for a Surfing With the Alien or a Passion & Warfare for country pickin! Does such a thing exist?

Robert
December 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
I bought this one online - http://www.brentmason.com/smokinsection.htm

Some songs are smoking hot guitar playing. A wide variety of playing on this album, some jazz, some corny country songs, some hot picking. Inspiring playing nonetheless.

Iago
December 12th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Maybe The Hellecasters :D

wingsdad
December 12th, 2007, 09:31 PM
These originally came out as VHS, now on DVD.
I've got the 2 by the TeleMaster, Danny Gatton. But he's a lot more than a Chicken Picker. Gets into tone & effects, Johnny Hiland's Chicken Pickin' could do it.
Hot Licks Series (http://www.musicroom.com/en-US/Browse/Series.aspx?category_id=store3&seriesid=series355)
Browse the other titles...not too shabby. I also have the Nils Lofgren, Eric Johnson & Buddy Guy.

t_ross33
December 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM
AOFpQd7aJ9U

And more fun with Vince Gill and Danny Gatton

O8ljrPfsa50&feature=related