PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Iago's band Theatro A8 new demos

Iago
December 12th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Hi fellows!

Yesterday we finished 4 tracks in a much better quality than the previous (if you remember my first post, from june) with 3 of the "regulars" and the almost never heard before "Te Olhar".

It was all recorded in a time of 20 hours or so, including mixing.

So please comment us!!

LINK: http://www.box.net/shared/nvcptxtclv

Thanks again,

Iago - Theatro A8

Iago
December 12th, 2007, 11:42 AM
I'l ladd some more comments about the songs and recording as soon as I can also, for those interested :) see ya

warren0728
December 13th, 2007, 08:38 PM
congrats iago....gonna check them out tonight!

ww

Robert
December 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Hey, it sounds great! What guitar amp were you using? Your guitar tone sounds impressive. It fits the song very well (I am listening to the first track right now)

I enjoy listening to non-English vocals for a change.

Awesome! You gotta get some airplay from this!? :AOK:

warren0728
December 14th, 2007, 09:54 AM
sounding really good iago...looking forward to your additional comments including the gear used! :Dude:

ww

aeolian
December 14th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Your band sounds good, and the recording is well done. I think you and your band have a good future.

R_of_G
December 14th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Iago, those sound great! I have no idea what is being sung about, but the songs are still very catchy and the playing is very good. Thanks for sharing these with us.:AOK:

Iago
December 15th, 2007, 06:29 AM
hey guys, thanks a lot for listening, and all the comments!

The recording of the guitars is digital.. yep yep, no amps.. I don`t remember the presets either, but we we`re using Native`s Guitar Rig 2.

I really do think there`s a lack of body and sustain on some of the leads, specially those played with the old Les Paul.. maybe we`ll change them, or add a boost later.

Gear: Ibanez hollow-body cherry red ES-335 style on "Meu Mundo" and "Te Olhar". all stock, ceramic pickups.

1970`s Giannini Les Paul "lawsuit". A black brazilian made 70`s Les Paul Standard clone probably built around '75-78. stock, except for frets. The pickups are japanese Gotoh alnico Vs. Great for leads, but really microphonic when next to the amp. Used on "Aquele Rosto and "Dessa Vez" . Belongs to Henrique (vocals) since he was 14.

Unfortunatelly NO TELE.. :(

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Good mix, good vocals, great melodies, and very tasty playing. Your band has talent, my friend. :master: You have a great sense of melody, and don't overplay on the songs.

Fantastic work, Iago.:AOK:

Iago
December 16th, 2007, 10:07 PM
story time :)
when we recorded "Te Olhar" I was 24h+ without sleeping, and haven`t even touch a guitar for 1 month. I went from here (Porto de Galinhas) straight to the studio (Recife - 50 miles away), so had no guitar with me. I still don`t have a guitar here on my apartment.

2 weeks after it I recorded the other 3 songs. This time I picked up the Tele at my father`s house, but the strings were so old the guitar would not sound in tune, so I could not use it on the recording.

It was used only a single guitar for each track, for all rhythms and leads. All different nuances were made by changing the pickup selector, and picking strenght. There was also a little volume boost on the solos, and I remember a very light fuzz simulation on "Aquele Rosto". I really wanted to keep it as clean as I could.

tot_Ou_tard
December 17th, 2007, 06:33 AM
I missed this thread Iago, I'm listening to Faixa 2.

It has a great 60's byrds/airplane feel.

What is the significance of the name Teatro A8?

I have always loved Brazillian Portuguese vocals.

Iago
December 19th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Tot!

Thanks a lot for listening!

Theatro means just "Theater" really..

there's 2 versions for the A8 part hehehe

1°. Ã* 8 = by 8 hands. something made by 4 people

2°. A8 = A car by Audi. (the kids in the band said.. "Hey the band has to be called by the name of something big!")