PDA

View Full Version : Allo.

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hey,

I've been reading over the forums for a day or two now, and am pretty new to playing guitar. I'm 21, and have played the piano and bass guitar in the past, without taking it very seriously, sadly. The same goes for my two years of music theory (which I can recall the basics of.. but that's all.)

But I've recently picked up an old Schecter Diamond Series that my sister used to play, and have been fiddling around with it, learning some basic chords with online lessons. I signed up for proper lessons, and have my first one at a local music store with a guitarist I've known for a few years (He taught my sister, and was good friends with the manager of my store a while back.)

Anyway, I'm planning on getting an acoustic with some money I have saved, plus the cash I'll end up getting from my uncreative relatives for the holidays. I'm looking at a Martin DX1 acoustic.

Anyways, in the meantime, I'm practicing like 30-40 mins a day, as I've read it's good to do about that much to begin, and I'm really enjoying it.

Soo.. hi!

Robert
December 12th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Allo - Welcome to the forum! Where are you from?

tot_Ou_tard
December 12th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hello Allo!

Welco!

Bloozcat
December 12th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome Allo!

Lots of great posters here, lots of great information.

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM
From magical Mahopac, New York. 'Bout 40 minutes outside the city proper.

Spudman
December 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hi and welcome. Since you are 21 :beer:

tunghaichuan
December 12th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Welcome, there are lots of cool, knowledgeable people here. :AOK:

tung

Brian Krashpad
December 12th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Welcome, hopefully you won't be bored-- though if not, you might have to change your monicker!

;)

Adrian30
December 12th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Welcome aboard Ennuinaut!

Tone2TheBone
December 12th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Welcome dude. :)

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 02:31 PM
thanks for the welcome :)

duhvoodooman
December 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Welcome to TheFret, Ennuinaut! I'm a New Yorker, too, but upstate (Albany area).

SuperSwede
December 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome! Välkommen! Willkommen!

pes_laul
December 12th, 2007, 03:51 PM
welcome dude:D

sunvalleylaw
December 12th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Welcome! I like that pink strat in your avatar. Tell us more about your musical tastes, what you are playing, etc. Hope you have fun here.

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome! I like that pink strat in your avatar. Tell us more about your musical tastes, what you are playing, etc. Hope you have fun here.

I wish that strat was mine :)

It's something I've been aspiring to get, I have a thread in the projects/modding forum about it. I listen to ALL KINDS of music from classic rock to hip hop, metal, punk, alternative, whatever. I have a lot of love for what some people mock and put down as 'emo', I love the likes of Taking Back Sunday, Death Cab for Cutie and Brand New. I've got Pantera playing right now, though. Ha ha.

just strum
December 12th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Ennuinaut, I responded to your pink strat post and I thought I would come over here to formally welcome you. I'm relatively new to the forum, but it's a great place.

I'm not fond of pink guitars, but I must admit that it does grow on you.

Kazz
December 12th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Welcome dudette

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome dudette

Dudette's a dude ;)

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Ennuinaut, I responded to your pink strat post and I thought I would come over here to formally welcome you. I'm relatively new to the forum, but it's a great place.

I'm not fond of pink guitars, but I must admit that it does grow on you.

Thanks!

pes_laul
December 12th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Dudette's a dude ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I have a pink silverstreet thats one of my favorite guitars. Ennuinaut have you heard the song "I will follow you into the dark" by Def cab for cutie?

Ennuinaut
December 12th, 2007, 09:51 PM
I own the entire Death Cab for Cutie discography. I love that song :)

Kazz
December 13th, 2007, 05:11 AM
oh....I just assumed that since you wanted a pink guitar and all....Wont be the last time I have I stuck my foot in my mouth on a forum LMAO.

Sorry dude

tot_Ou_tard
December 13th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Ennuinaut is a great name.

Brian Krashpad has a pink Daisey Rock guitar.

Ennuinaut
December 13th, 2007, 07:51 AM
oh....I just assumed that since you wanted a pink guitar and all....Wont be the last time I have I stuck my foot in my mouth on a forum LMAO.

Sorry dude

Don't be sorry, I didn't exactly post anything gender specific, and my name is quite gender neutral. I can think of worse things than being mistaken for a girl on the basis of a few words and a picture of a pink fender on a BBS :)

Thanks for the welcome :D

Ennuinaut
December 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Ennuinaut is a great name.

Brian Krashpad has a pink Daisey Rock guitar.

orly? Do you has pictures?

Brian Krashpad
December 13th, 2007, 01:01 PM
orly? Do you has pictures?

You can seez picses here now!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/513345453_efd157102c.jpg

http://a802.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_d081eceb0aa5f37cd52da9c089133951.jpg

Some mail-order place (music123, iirc) did a closeout on these earlier this year when the manufacturer upgraded the model by going to Duncan Designed branded pickups and adding a coil-split function. Since the Pepto-pink ones didn't sell well with the rocker boyz, especially given the "girl power" 12th fret inlay,they practically gave 'em away-- $120 US w/shipping included!

I've always been a feminist anyhow and my wife and kids are pretty sure Im not gay (not that there's anyhting wrong with that) so the price was right! The pic of me playing it in my wighat was within 24 hours of it's arrival, on the insistence of the lead singer in my second side band (the wighat, though mine, was also his idea). I am just looney enough not to have veto'd either idea. Which is a good thing, because Rosie performed admirably; those mini's crank out the rawk goodness! Daisy Rocks are basically re-branded Schecters, btw, the line was the Schecter company president's wife's idea to market to grrls.

Ennuinaut
December 13th, 2007, 04:09 PM
You can seez picses here now!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/207/513345453_efd157102c.jpg

http://a802.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_d081eceb0aa5f37cd52da9c089133951.jpg

Some mail-order place (music123, iirc) did a closeout on these earlier this year when the manufacturer upgraded the model by going to Duncan Designed branded pickups and adding a coil-split function. Since the Pepto-pink ones didn't sell well with the rocker boyz, especially given the "girl power" 12th fret inlay,they practically gave 'em away-- $120 US w/shipping included!

I've always been a feminist anyhow and my wife and kids are pretty sure Im not gay (not that there's anyhting wrong with that) so the price was right! The pic of me playing it in my wighat was within 24 hours of it's arrival, on the insistence of the lead singer in my second side band (the wighat, though mine, was also his idea). I am just looney enough not to have veto'd either idea. Which is a good thing, because Rosie performed admirably; those mini's crank out the rawk goodness! Daisy Rocks are basically re-branded Schecters, btw, the line was the Schecter company president's wife's idea to market to grrls.

Dude, that is RAD!! Rock on with that, man! :master:

Brian Krashpad
December 13th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Dude, that is RAD!! Rock on with that, man! :master:

Haha, thanks Ennuinaut! It's pretty insane what you can get for your money nowadays. Obviously this li'l Indonesian gurl is no Gibson or USA Fender or Hamer (I also own some of those)-- the construction design is similar to the infamous Danelectro cheapo pressboard guitars with a center block, but I have no qualms about gigging her again stock. The mini's are really cool. I'm liking having lots of alternatives to more "standard" humbuckers and Fender-style singlecoils.

Oh, btw, I also have a second cheapo guitar of similar construction that's a Fender color (though not a Fender, a Brownsville) called "burgundy mist," which is sort of between a violet and pink:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

Here's Los Dos Hermanas together:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/LasDosHermanas.jpg

Found the Brownsville (model is "Choirboy") in a pawn for a Benjamin even. Pickups are alnico single-coil "toasters," switching is 5-way like a Strat, with hum-cancelling in positions 2 and 4.

luvmyshiner
December 13th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry I'm late, busy week, but welcome aboard!

Guitar Gal
December 13th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Welcome Ennuinaut :wave:

GG

Ennuinaut
December 13th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks, shiner, gal.

Brian, good stuff dude. I'll make sure to take copious pictures and post them all when I finally get my shell pink strat. Whenever it is!!

warren0728
December 13th, 2007, 08:34 PM
welcome Ennuinaut....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

M29
December 16th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Welcome Allo :AOK:

M29