PDA

View Full Version : not so Amazing Grace...

warren0728
March 12th, 2006, 03:37 PM
this is recording of amazing grace i did on my electric resonator guitar. I recorded it with the built in condensor mic on my apple powerbook just to see if it would work. the guitar is tuned to open G and i used a very thick glass slide.

I played through the epi valve. jr with the volume knob at 12:00. (if you listen carefully you can here garage bands metronome which i forgot to turn of during the recording :D

http://www.warrenworld.com/music/amazing_grace.mp3

ww

SuperSwede
March 12th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Nice one Warren!

The metronome was kinda like the John lee hooker footstomping. It had that old "chess" sound :)

Tim
March 12th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Warren - Nice job on the slie guitar. You did an excellent job. Glad to see you posting a song. It's not that bad after you hit the "Submit Reply" button. Again ... nice job.

warren0728
March 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM
thanks guys....i really like playing slide....the concept isn't too hard but technique is! I had a lighter glass slide (my son dropped it and it broke) that i like better than the thicker one i have now. I also have a brass slide...still trying to find the one i like best.

ww

Justaguyin_nc
March 13th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Neat sound Warren... always liked the sound of slide on those resonators... can't wait to hear more.. I would assume that's a loooong process to learn the slide... Never really looked at the prices on Resonators.. they expensive? or like everything else cheap ones and expensive ones? We' b back in the delta now ....