PDA

View Full Version : do chicks like poetry?

pie_man_25
December 12th, 2007, 07:09 PM
well, do they?:confused:

just strum
December 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I don't know about chicks, but I know a lot of women do. There are a number guys that do too. I think if you like music, in a round about way you like poetry.

Is "chicks" the popular way of referring to girls? I know when I was your age it was and they say these things cycle. I never threw out my platform shoes and bell bottoms for that very reason.:D

tjcurtin1
December 12th, 2007, 07:27 PM
My experience indicates a big "YES"! Especially in Italian.... I just taught my class part of a Petrarch love sonnet, and told the boys to remember it when they got older because it would serve them well in just that way... Here it is in both languages in case you can make use of it. Of course, Shakespeare wasn't a shabby sonnet writer, either.....

Benedetto sia il giorno, e il mese, e l'anno,
E la stagione, e il tempo, e l'ora, e il punto,
E il bel paese, e il loco ov'io fui giunto,
Da duo begli occhi che leggato m'hanno....

Blessed be the day, and the month, and the year,
And the season, and the time, and the hour, and the point,
And the country, and the place where I was joined
By two fair eyes that now have bound me here... :AOK:

pie_man_25
December 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
/\ wow, that's deep,

Ps. to just_strum, it isn't popular anymore, but I do say "chicks" as a reference to girls.

just strum
December 12th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Ps. to just_strum, it isn't popular anymore, but I do say "chicks" as a reference to girls.

It was sort of a flashback for me - I like when that happens. A certain word, place, or song that makes you go back to a memorable time in your life.:AOK:

Childbride
December 12th, 2007, 09:11 PM
some women like poetry, just like some women like guitars. :D

i wrote poetry for years... from six to thirty something. lately my muse is all musical.

Baylor U actually has a very suweet collection of Browning works... elizabeth and robert. i used to like to hang out there.

and, actually, the reason i post and write often w/o 'proper' capitalization is b/c i really dig e e cummings. i get to capitalize the words i want to. :)

Bloozcat
December 13th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Most women love romance, so yes, they like poetry...romantic poetry.

Most women like like guys who are romantic, so knowing poetry can be a good thing for guys too. The ability to write well in prose or poetry is a big plus. Trust me on this pie_man_25. I wouldn't steer ya' wrong...:AOK:

Besides, it's not like you have to turn in your Man Card just because you're good with poetry. For the true Renaissance man, it's just another facet of your deep and mysterious being...:D

Katastrophe
December 13th, 2007, 02:33 PM
If you really want to impress the ladies, write a song about her. :AOK:

Just be sure to leave enough space in the lyrics to change it for the next girl that comes along.;) :D

R_of_G
December 13th, 2007, 03:08 PM

Yeah, so look for a girl who has a name that rhymes with a lot of words.:whatever:

Spudman
December 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
do chicks like poetry? well, do they?:confused:

Probably, but not as much as they like alcohol.

Ladies, however, like poetry.:AOK:

pes_laul
December 13th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Just be sure to leave enough space in the lyrics to change it for the next girl that comes along.;) :D
yeah If you ever want to impress a girl with a song make it so you can change a few words around

personal experience:thwap:

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Probably, but not as much as they like alcohol.

Ladies, however, like poetry.:AOK:

LMAO :rotflmao:

pie_man_25
December 13th, 2007, 07:12 PM
wow, you guys are right, man she ate it up like cotton candy!
she was all like, "what a beautiful love poem, thank you so much!!"

and I was just like "no, thank you, because an artist without inspiration is like a song without melody, it just doesn't make sense, and baby, you are my inspiration:cool: "

Spudman
December 13th, 2007, 07:23 PM
she was all like, "what a beautiful love poem, thank you so much!!"

and I was just like "no, thank you, because an artist without inspiration is like a song without melody, it just doesn't make sense, and baby, you are my inspiration:cool: "

+10 Looks like you've graduated.
Now bring us some tough stuff like, "if a chick says I have to help her father plow the field before we kiss is it worth it and do I have to eat dinner with the family?"

pie_man_25
December 13th, 2007, 07:31 PM
+10 Looks like you've graduated.
Now bring us some tough stuff like, "if a chick says I have to help her father plow the field before we kiss is it worth it and do I have to eat dinner with the family?"

:cry:
this is the happiest moment of my life, my first REAL success with women and she's older, I think I'm making my way to being a man. round of pie on me!:pancake , also, guitar party on sunday, play in rembrance of this day:rockon: .

also, I think it's worth it if I had to help her father plow the field before we kiss, there's nothing wrong with plowing fields:D !

warren0728
December 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
actually, the reason i post and write often w/o 'proper' capitalization is b/c i really dig e e cummings. i get to capitalize the words i want to. :)
lol....i rarely use capital letters....my business name is all lower and even my emails and posts are almost always lower only....

ww

just strum
December 13th, 2007, 08:33 PM
lol....i rarely use capital letters....my business name is all lower and even my emails and posts are almost always lower only....

ww

You two drive an anal OCD person like me nuts - NOW STOP IT!!!

warren0728
December 13th, 2007, 08:36 PM
You two drive an anal OCD person like me nuts - NOW STOP IT!!!
sorry....don't mean to drive anyone nuts....just gotta be me... :AOK:

ww

just strum
December 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM
sorry....don't mean to drive anyone nuts....just gotta be me... :AOK:

ww

Okay, but don't touch your computer screen with your fingers because that will just put me over the top.:messedup:

warren0728
December 13th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Okay, but don't touch your computer screen with your fingers because that will just put me over the top.:messedup:
dang...two for two! :messedup:

ww

Childbride
December 13th, 2007, 09:54 PM
touch touch touch touch... :D :D :D

tot_Ou_tard
December 14th, 2007, 06:19 AM
It was sort of a flashback for me - I like when that happens. A certain word, place, or song that makes you go back to a memorable time in your life.:AOK: What a trip! ;)

Man I dig just grooving a little ee commings onto my computer screen with my greasy chicken eatin' fingertips.

Nice connection you made with your chick, pie.

If you actually feel what you put in the poems then you'll be treasured.

Childbride
December 14th, 2007, 05:15 PM
:rotflmao: Tot, that was tooooooo funny. :D

Pie, IMHO, the best presents Ever come from your soul. if you capture a moment, a feeling, an expression... like a butterfly... then in all your exposed honesty lift the lid to that jar to Give that to someone that you care about...

they will remember it Forever.

just strum
December 14th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Man I dig just grooving a little ee commings onto my computer screen with my greasy chicken eatin' fingertips.

I guess opportunity knocked.

pie_man_25
December 14th, 2007, 07:58 PM
If you actually feel what you put in the poems then you'll be treasured.

wow, I guess I'm treasured then!

edit: we're doing something tomorrow, wish me luck!:dude:

Spudman
December 14th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Good luck. :AOK: (hey, you said wish me luck)

oldguy
December 14th, 2007, 09:18 PM
LUCK
LUCK....LUCK....LUCK.... ever notice when you say a word over and over how it sounds.... not like it did when you started saying it only one time??????
:whatever: :thwap: :poke:

Spudman
December 14th, 2007, 11:23 PM
LUCK
LUCK....LUCK....LUCK.... ever notice when you say a word over and over how it sounds.... not like it did when you started saying it only one time??????
:whatever: :thwap: :poke:

I thought I was the only one who thought that.:beer:
Try Snack. Snack, snack, snack, snack, snack.

oldguy
December 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM
snack snack snack snack snack knacks knacks knacks......

luck luck luck luck luck cluck cluck cluck cluck..........

lack lack lack lack lack clack clack clack clack.........

Spudman
December 15th, 2007, 09:25 AM
snack snack snack snack snack knacks knacks knacks......

luck luck luck luck luck cluck cluck cluck cluck..........

lack lack lack lack lack clack clack clack clack.........

Pretty strange sounding language isn't it?:messedup: That must be why it works so well for poetry.