PDA

View Full Version : So when did Tone2TheBone get a Blues Junior?

Robert
December 13th, 2007, 03:03 PM
I mean, how do you possibly keep something like this from me? :thwap: :rotflmao:

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Where've you been boy! First you missed my birfday and now this?! That old age has got you slacking dude. hahaha ;)

I played it and picked it up this past Sunday. I also showed my Classic 30 to a buyer and sold it moments before. Did the dealio in one day within hours. Found the amp through local Craigslist. Posted the sale of my amp on Craigslist earlier that week and worked out both deals on the phone over the weekend.

Duhvoodooman and I were sorta in a race to see who was going to get theirs first. I told him I was thinking of trading or selling my Peavey to get one. Just another one of my whims. After the seed was planted in Voo's head he started looking them up and doing research on his end and also decided to sell his Peavey too to get one. Spuddy bought it from him. The funny thing is that while Voodoo paid for his before I did (on Ebay)...I got mine before he got his and I've been rubbing it in all week! :D I'll let Voodoo take it from here, but basically I just wanted a Fender amp. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Peavey and in fact I was quite torn in selling it. It was just that time to get something else and for those that know me...they know it's what I do from time to time. What else can I say but I'm in Fender tone heaven.....this week. ;) I hope Bob responds too because I have so much more to say about this amp it's mahvelous.

Robert
December 13th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Heh, congrats! I never saw a thread about this.

Have you tried the Pro Junior? That may have to be your next whim!

Bet Spud's got a big grin right now! :D

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 04:01 PM
The Pro Junior is the smaller of the 2. 10" speaker and only volume and tone knob. The Blues Jr. is the upgrade with the 12" speaker and bass middle and treble tone knobs along with reverb and the fat switch. Spud has a butt load of stuff maybe he's really Santa Claus.

duhvoodooman
December 13th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I had been thinking for awhile about selling the Delta Blues and getting something smaller, since I do all of my playing at home. The DB is a LOUD 30 watts, and just cries out to be gigged with. I loved the amp's tone and features, but it was just way more amp than I could really use. Anyway, Tone got me started looking at Blues Juniors, and after doing quite a bit of internet research and seeing what a cult following this toneful little amp has, I stopped over at my local GC and tried one out. That was it--I was smitten and started looking at deals on eBay. Plus they're an excellent modding platform, something I have some slight degree of interest in....

I'd hoped to be able to get one of the "NOS Tweed" versions, which has an upgraded Jensen speaker, but (1) there were far fewer of those available, and (2) they were typically selling for $125 - $150 more than the standard model. So I ended up getting one of the standard ones for a very reasonable $275, and found the upgraded Jensen speaker online for $62. Now if it would just show up! Then (1) I could start playing through it, and (2) I wouldn't have to read any more of Tone's notes about how much he's enjoying his and too bad I don't have mine yet. That *******. ;)

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 04:18 PM
He likes me...that's why he kids.

LMAO

Oh Bob did you know that you can call down the angels of heaven by turning up the volume well past 10 and that..........

:D

duhvoodooman
December 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Oh Bob did you know that you can call down the angels of heaven by turning up the volume well past 10 and that..........
I think I'd rather call up the demons from hell and send them out there to Albuquerque.... :rotflmao:

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I think I'd rather call up the demons from hell and send them out there to Albuquerque.... :rotflmao:

They'd be told to take a number!:Dude: :D

Spudman
December 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
It was just that time to get something else and for those that know me...they know it's what I do from time to time.

And it really surprises me that you didn't bond with the OCD.:D

Tone2TheBone
December 13th, 2007, 04:28 PM
And it really surprises me that you didn't bond with the OCD.:D

Ironically enough I wasn't quite as smitten with that unit as I'd hoped. :thwap:

Spudman
December 15th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Ironically enough I wasn't quite as smitten with that unit as I'd hoped. :thwap:

I'm sure this went over your head, but it hasn't gone over MY head that we don't know for sure that you really did get a new amph. We need some clips.:poke:

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2007, 09:48 PM
My Blues Junior finally came today, so I suppose now Tone and I both owe you clips....:greenguitar:

Spudman
December 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Well it is kind of tradition and I'm dying to know what I'm missing.;)