PDA

View Full Version : First Home Recordings

chongmagic
December 13th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I just finished setting up a music page on myspace and posted some of my first attempts at home recording. If you want, head over to http://www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock and take a listen. I will be adding more as my home recording skills improve, and hopefully they will!

I recorded most of these with a Digitech RP350 with my Fender Strat Plus and Squier Standard Tele using Ableton Live.

Hope you enjoy!

FrankAxtell
December 16th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I just finished setting up a music page on myspace and posted some of my first attempts at home recording. If you want, head over to http://www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock and take a listen. I will be adding more as my home recording skills improve, and hopefully they will!

I recorded most of these with a Digitech RP350 with my Fender Strat Plus and Squier Standard Tele using Ableton Live.

Hope you enjoy!
I think your stuff sounds real good. The composition "Elysian Fields" was my favorite...your abilities to write record and produce will definitely get even better it time. Keep up the fine work.

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 05:44 PM
chongmagic, First recordings? Sounds good to me. I listened to Motombo and just wrapping up Back Alley Confunkshun. I can give you positive feedback on the first two and getting ready to listen to Sadie May, Elysian Fields, and Atomic Sunset.

:AOK:

Guitar Gal
December 16th, 2007, 06:20 PM
All I can say is WOW :beer: :master: chongmagic! You certainly set the bar very high with your "first" home recordings.

Very nice :D

GG

Adrian30
December 16th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Great job, chongmagic! Nicely done and just keep up the great work.

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Chong those were magic!

What did you use for drums n' such?

Back Alley Confunks & Sadie May get my votes.

Love da funk! Gotta get some

FUNK

Oh yeah!

---------------------------------------------------------

Three typos removed by quick & judicious use of the EDIT POST button ;).

chongmagic
December 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I appreciate all of the kind words!

I received a Digitech RP-350 for my birthday and I have pretty much been playing around with it so far. It has been a fun little toy so far, and I have even been using the preloaded effects so far.

All of the drum tracks have come straight off of the Digitech as well.

I have been plugging the Digitech through an M-Audio Fast Track Pro recording into Ableton Live 6. I also have an EMU XBoard 49 for all of the MIDI sounds.

For Sadie May and Back Alley Confunkshun I pretty much used my Squier Standard Tele for the solo parts. I believe it does well for a Squier:) The other guitar tracks were recorded using my Fender Strat Plus.

I used the RP350's bass guitar effect for all of the bass guitar parts. It is pretty good, you just have to tweak it a bit for it to sound correctly.

Again, thank you all for the kind words and I will keep on recording learning more as I go.

Chong

deevo117
December 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Dang!!!

that was amazing man!

Especially considering these are your first recordings!

Keep em coming man!

chongmagic
December 17th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Frank,

I really appreciate your comments. Let me just say that your music is awesome, you are truly a talented guitarist. I can tell you play from the heart. Keep on making that great music!

Chong

aeolian
December 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I just went to myspace and listened to your tunes. They are excellent! I like the variety of your compositions and the mostly understated melody to carry your songs, but you obviously can rip off a solo any time you want.

What I like to know is: How did you get your guitars to sound so much like a piano? :master: ;-)

chongmagic
December 19th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Thank you very much for the comments. I got the piano sounds using a EMU XBoard 49 MIDI controller through Ableton Live. I have just broken the surface experimenting with all I can do with MIDI, and those piano lessons from when I was a kid payed off too:D. Hopefully, as I get a little more experienced with home recording I can add some more MIDI into the mix.

Again, thank you for the comments and I am glad that you enjoyed!

Chong