PDA

View Full Version : Chicks that are the Real Deal

just strum
December 14th, 2007, 05:24 PM
A lot of female rock entertainers get hijacked by the music industries promotion wheel and public image, but not these rockers.

hicSuUyYbPs

9txBYBwLTew&NR=1

And let's not forget this lady

NMN-I8kERdY

MjxFu_NXET4

This is just a very well done version of Creep

lML2N4xB9GU

And finally the queen of rock - watch and scroll down

MtpTPzFUY4w&feature=related

ok, that last one was a joke:rotflmao:

Childbride
December 14th, 2007, 05:52 PM
ok, Shiner had his laptop on, so i was able to catch Chrissy Hind. very cool.

i remember in college wishing i could be like Chrissy Hind, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, or Lita Ford. or some combination thereof.

:beer: :dude: :rockon: :master: :D

o, i forgot Janis. how could i do that?! :thwap:

Spudman
December 14th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Don't forget the incomparable Floor Jansen - Queen of Metal

This is a beautiful song she did on the Ayreon project called Star One.
i9-YHK9nAq4

And with her band After Forever

fjm4BrNAf6s

aeolian
December 14th, 2007, 09:47 PM
I realize I don't have many favorite female artists (actually I don't have that many favorite male artists either), but I do like Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blond, Maria McKee, and Shirley Manson of Garbage. You may think Shirley Manson is just a singer, but she writes all the lyrics for Garbage and she plays guitar in live shows sometimes; and she can rock.

Childbride
December 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
I realize I don't have many favorite female artists (actually I don't have that many favorite male artists either), but I do like Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blond, Maria McKee, and Shirley Manson of Garbage. You may think Shirley Manson is just a singer, but she writes all the lyrics for Garbage and she plays guitar in live shows sometimes; and she can rock.

you so hit two i missed. both of those women are top notch, in my book. i introduced Shiner to Garbage when we hooked up. and we'd doubled up on Concrete Blond. :D :beer:

each of their styles touched different parts of my life.

Brian Krashpad
December 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJeB0iEXMBI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vJeB0iEXMBI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Got the chance to see her in a small club years ago while she still had her original guitarist Ricky Byrd (who is one of my personal faves). Joan kicks butt and takes names!

Brian Krashpad
December 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Crap, it didn't imbed.

vJeB0iEXMBI