PDA

View Full Version : Hello

deevo117
December 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Hey I'm Deevo, just like you I have fallen in love with the instrument of the gods as I like to call it. Only have been playing for 6 months but my friend/teacher says that I'm progressing really quickly. (Although I doubt it)

My only guitar is the Fullerton ST3, the same guitar that about half of you guys got for $30-50. But I frikkin love it, it'll be my guitar for years and years to come, cause the first guitar is always the greatest, no?

Well you're probably already bored with me now, but I'll just mention my musical preferences.

I play pretty much all styles EXCEPT country. blehh

I'd say the easiest stuff for me to write right now is metal, but I guess it just depends on my mood.

My top 5 favorite guitarists are...

Tom Morello
Eddie Van Halen
Alex Lifeson
John Petrucci
Slash

Favorite Band: RUSH!!!!! :rockon:

My favorite guitar shape/look would probably be a tie between Explorers and SG's

okayyy probably more than enough info for an introductions

lol

HI!

oldguy
December 14th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Welcome to TheFret.Net!! Glad you joined us here, sorry you don't like country music, we're mostlly about country music here......:D :D :thwap:

deevo117
December 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against the guitar and instrumentals in it....

it's just the singing....

just strum
December 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
deevo,

Six months - playing different styles and writing - I'd say you are advancing very quickly or I'm one slow a--, blankety blank.

Welcome to the forum - you can learn a lot here.

Okay, I can't resist, do you wear one of those funny hats?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/devo.jpg

I know the spelling is different, but you may have done that to throw us off.

My name is actually Just Yoder, but I use strum to throw off people from knowing I'm Amish.

Have fun!!!

Adrian30
December 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome deevo117! Great to have you here.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Welcome!! I am a Devo fan also so wonder if that group has much to do with your moniker. I am a relative beginner also and have received a lot of help here. Enjoy!

luvmyshiner
December 15th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Welcome aboard Deevo.

warren0728
December 15th, 2007, 09:31 AM
welcome deevo117....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
December 15th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Welcome deevoman, I know you will like it here....

I'm a Rush fan too.

deevo117
December 15th, 2007, 10:31 AM
wow it's Robert!!!

I've been watching your videos on youtube for a while haha

and the name kinda does have something to do with Devo, but also just my real name haha.

I love Devo though, but that devo 2.0 thing that disney did or whatever kinda killed it off for me.

I guess I'm advancing pretty quickly then

but I only think that's cause my friend showed me the tips and tricks first hand and he's a really good teacher. He taught me Eruption in 2 hours which was my first lesson, and then outside of my lessons I have been getting a blues groove on and off. And right now, every riff that I come up with seems to go good with metal. And since I have played a lotta instruments before I guess that the whole musical deal has put me on a good groove for now.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, you rock!

marnold
December 15th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Okay, I can't resist, do you wear one of those funny hats?
Are we not men? We are Devo!

Welcome!

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Quite a few devo's here already, if ya know what I mean.... :messedup:

But we're happy to have another! Welcome to TheFret!! :rockon:

P.S. I have one of those $27 Fullertons, too, but mine's the ST4 HSS model, a.k.a. the "Fat Fully". I upgraded the p'ups for cheap (GFS) and put on a better nut and string retainers, and still have under $100 in it. Filed down the fret sprout, too, and it's a great playing & sounding guitar now. :AOK:

just strum
December 15th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I just might pull out my yellow jumpsuit tonight:D

2_DXa3rFyUU

Guitar Gal
December 16th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Welcome Deevo :AOK:

GG

M29
December 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Welcome Deevo:rockon:

M29