PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Partners

PAPPY
December 15th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Greetings from way down here in big ole Texas. Seems I am always the last to know things,just found out about Fretnet from a dear friend, Childbride, thanks gal. I mostly just read and try to learn new things. I see lots of Washies over here already, "Howdy Yawl" and they will be an asset to this forum. I've been trying to learn the guitar for about a year and a half now and am NOT one of those that things come easy to. It is a slow process for me but am having lots of fun doing it. I have two Washburns, am a member of the Cumberland Brigade with my J28SCE and also have the D10S that was a gift from very Special Friends, thanks guys, and it is my main goto guitar here at the house. I won't clutter up the forum anymore right now, just wanted to say Howdy and looking forward to learning more new things here at FretNet.

just strum
December 15th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Pappy,

I saw your name pop up yesterday and I am sure glad to see you join. Yep, there are a number of people over here that you know and we enjoy it here and I'm sure you will too.

So pull up a stool, order a drink and enjoy.:beer:

luvmyshiner
December 15th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Hey Pappy, good to see you brother. I think you'll like the folks over here.

And for our fellow fretters, here's a pic of Pappy and me from a few months back at the monthly bluegrass festival in Pearl, Texas!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/WhiteHats.jpg

Katastrophe
December 15th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Welcome, Pappy! Geez, all us Texans are gonna have to get together and have us a good ol' FretterFest - South Central Edition!

Glad to have you aboard.

Spudman
December 15th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Pappy and welcome to thefret.

oldguy
December 15th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome to TheFret.Net, PAPPY, glad you joined us.
Guess I'm kinda stuck in the middle of all the Texans and Canadians....:beer:

warren0728
December 15th, 2007, 09:30 AM
welcome Pappy....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2007...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Robert
December 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Welcome Pappy, looks like we are opening up a new FretNet department in Texas!

Good to have you here.

PAPPY
December 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Welcome, Pappy! Geez, all us Texans are gonna have to get together and have us a good ol' FretterFest - South Central Edition!

Glad to have you aboard.

Thanks for the welcome folks, kinda makes a feller feel at home with all the welcomes.

Katastrophe, a bunch of us forum members meet the first Saturday of each month in Pearl, Texas at their Bluegrass Festival, it not all bluegrass and so far we have played mostly country. We would love for you to join us there on an escapade. It is a straight accoustic gathering, no electric allowed by management of Pearl Bluegrass. There is usually a hundred or better players there and if it were electric they probably couldn't keep the roof on the building.

Childbride
December 15th, 2007, 11:54 AM
PAPPY!!! :D :D :D

hiya, buddy! great to 'see' ya over here!!

you'll love this place. great forum! :AOK:

Kazz
December 15th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Hey Pappy,

Glad to see you find your way over here....the trail of breadcrumbs must have been eaten by the birds

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Welcome & glad to have you here, Pappy! :AOK:

ted s
December 15th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome Pappy, you've come to the right place.

sunvalleylaw
December 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Hi Pappy! Welcome. I am also about a year and a half into this thing. My learning and progress seems to come in spurts, but it sure is fun. This place is a big help.

Hmm. I keep wanting to call you Boyington. :-)

Guitar Gal
December 16th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Glad to have you aboard Pappy :D

GG

M29
December 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Welcome PAPPY:AOK:

M29

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Whoo doggy!

Welcome Pappy!

mrmudcat
December 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
welcome!!:beer:

PAPPY
December 16th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Well thanks again for all the warm welcomes. Mr.Mudcat, how you doing??? Haven't had a chance to look around much yet but will make up for it this coming week.

Brian Krashpad
December 17th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Welcome Pappy!

pes_laul
December 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM
wazzup dude-sorry where are my manners how y'all doing It's wierd almost everybody in my family were born in the south except for me :cry:

Bloozcat
December 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Howdy pappy!

I'm not gonna tell you that learning to play guitar is going to get any easier, but it's a worthwhile effort...keep it up!

Tone2TheBone
December 17th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Haddy Pappy welcome to the neighborhood. :)

YerDugliness
February 17th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hey, Pappy!! I've been busy lately, haven't been around the Fret much, but thought I'd say Howdy, too! Good to see you found your way here--haven't seen any catfights yet (not like on the Washie forum lately).

Enjoy this place, I have!

Dugly :cool: