PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Sunday?

helliott
December 15th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone getting hit by the much publicized big storm? Apparently we in The Hammer are supposed to get the worst of it in this region. Anyone else digging out?

just strum
December 15th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Just started snowing here. Where I live they are looking at 4" to 8" and up by work to greet me on Monday - 8" to 12", however it's the heart of the snow belt so it's a crap shoot up by work.

We are suppose to get snow, change over to freezing rain and then back to snow. The plow is ready, got out solar powered lights (thanks oldguy for that idea). The storm is getting a lot of hype here and with accuracy of a weather people, we are likely to hit 80 tomorrow if they are predicting snow storm. - we shall see.

If we keep our electricity, it will be electric guitars. If we lose electricity, it will be acoustic guitar or I'll set up the drums.

Justaguyin_nc
December 15th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Little bit of rain right now here.. suppose to get some freezing rain and flurries by morning.. Might be enough to cover the ground.. lightly.. it's ruff in the carolinas... ;)

oldguy
December 15th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Snow just quit here. Ice still covering trees, but had melted some the last two days. Branches and lines have stopped breaking, most utilities back on.
Hope no-one else gets dealt the hand we had this week. Best of luck to all.

hubberjub
December 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
We're under a winter weather warning until morning. It's not doing anything yet.

duhvoodooman
December 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM
They're talking 6 - 12" for the Albany area, but could be more or less, depending on how it tracks the coast. Supposed to start between 10 PM and 1 AM. We already had 8" on Wed., so I'd say a white Christmas is pretty much a lock around here!

just strum
December 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Just plowed the driveway so I don't have trouble finding it when the heavier snow hits. They're now saying the worse part should hit around "game time" (1:30) tomorrow afternoon. I can hear the ice pellets hitting the windows.

I went out earlier and in our little town there were sections that were at a stand still due to the roads. That's very odd for a Saturday snow fall - must be a lot of Christmas shoppers out there.

Robert, we need some seasonal smiley's.

PAPPY
December 15th, 2007, 06:22 PM
I feel for you folks, I hate winter weather but I might consider a cool front. Just came in the house from mowing my yard and I'm sweating. I think I'd rather be mowing than shoveling though:thwap:

helliott
December 15th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Pappy, don't look for a lot of sympathy for your sweating here. We're getting ready to hit the snowbank with shovel ready, and there'll be plenty of sweat, but it'll be mixed from shivering from icy winds and freezing rain. I wish I had your problem, Pap.

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Well, it's Northern Ohio, so here's the latest.

It's raining, should turn to snow around 10:00 AM and maybe 4". Now later today, around 8:00 PM we are expecting "like blizzard conditions" or an actual blizzard with wind speed at 50 mph+ (oh, that should be fun) and tapering off by mid morning Monday.

Of course, in typical northern Ohio tradition, every local weather reporter is providing a different forecast (rating week must be coming up) and the Weather Channel provides another.

So either I leave the plow on the tractor or switch over to the cutting deck and get ready to cut grass.:messedup:

oldguy
December 16th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Good luck, Strum, hope you don't get much severe weather up your way (well, everyone else, for that matter).
Maybe get some clean drinking water, warm, warm clothes, easy to fix foods, and some type of cooking/heating (hey, even sterno's better than nothing) apparatus together if you haven't already.
We were lucky down here, it was forecast early and we had supplies laid in (which we usually do anyway). Caught alot of folks be surprise, tho.:confused:
Hey, I'm just sayin'.........

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I ran out to get some Christmas shopping done and it was perfect, nobody in the store, took me all of 30 minutes to shop. Driving visibility 1/8 of a mile tops.

I just finished plowing the drive 20 minutes ago and you can't even see where the driveway is in that short time. They keep saying the worse is yet to come. Time to warm up the fingers and play some guitar:rockon:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture211-1.jpg

ted s
December 16th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I don't live in the country, so my driveway is "regular" But my little 8 horse blower was working overtime, still took me 2 hours to do a crappy clearing job. I guess we have 6-8" plus drifting. Pi$$ me off, I managed to put the handle of my blower through the tail-light of my truck while walking backwords looking the other way.... :thwap: Anyone have a passenger side (right rear) tail-light for an 07 Dodge Dakota they want to sell ?

Maybe if I write my letter Santa will bring me a new one.

R_of_G
December 16th, 2007, 04:05 PM
currently 63 here, after a high in the low 70's earlier. i feel for you guys, really i do.:rotflmao:

Spudman
December 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I live in the mountains and just got back from a bicycle ride. Sunny and warm...er here and no snow yet. Hmmmm.:confused:

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 05:45 PM
currently 63 here, after a high in the low 70's earlier. i feel for you guys, really i do.:rotflmao:

:bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Guitar Gal
December 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Here in south east Ohio we got pretty lucky. Only had a couple of inches of snow with some rain/freezing rain/sleet thrown in for fun. We did not get anywhere near the amount of snow/sleet/freezing rain the weather forecasters were predicting. :D After living in the snow belt in New York for 10 years, this is nothin' :rolleyes:

We certainly did dodge a bullet though by not getting the amount of sleet/freezing rain that the midwest saw earlier this week.

GG

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Say goodnight Gracie

Time to hit the sack, not sure what tomorrows drive has in store for me.

Bloozcat
December 17th, 2007, 07:14 AM
I won't rub it in. I lived in snow country long enough to remember that I don't miss it. Playing in it is one thing, having to function normally in it is another.

I didn't get to watch the game I wanted to see yesterday, because they never show the Browns on TV here. From the highlight film clips I saw, it looked like an old time Browns game in Cleveland, though. Couldn't see any of the field through the snow, except where they plowed the yard lines. Now that's one thing about snow that I always enjoyed. Who as a kid didn't go out and play football in the snow on days like yesterday?

BTW: It was 47.5 degrees F here this morning. That's considered fairly cold by Florida standards, but not as cold as we've seen. I still remember that freak day in 1977 when it was 18 degrees F and we actually had snow flurries. People here thought the world was coming to an end...:D

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I won't rub it in. I lived in snow country long enough to remember that I don't miss it. Playing in it is one thing, having to function normally in it is another.

I didn't get to watch the game I wanted to see yesterday, because they never show the Browns on TV here. From the highlight film clips I saw, it looked like an old time Browns game in Cleveland, though. Couldn't see any of the field through the snow, except where they plowed the yard lines. Now that's one thing about snow that I always enjoyed. Who as a kid didn't go out and play football in the snow on days like yesterday?

BTW: It was 47.5 degrees F here this morning. That's considered fairly cold by Florida standards, but not as cold as we've seen. I still remember that freak day in 1977 when it was 18 degrees F and we actually had snow flurries. People here thought the world was coming to an end...:D

Blooz, are you from the Cleveland area?

luvmyshiner
December 17th, 2007, 06:05 PM
I don't live in the country, so my driveway is "regular" But my little 8 horse blower was working overtime, still took me 2 hours to do a crappy clearing job.

Hey Ted, wanna borrow my blower?:D :D :D Actually, from the looks of the picture I would have to say it does a "crappy" clearing job as well.:rotflmao:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/snowblower.jpg

ted s
December 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hey Shiner, wasn't there talk of you nekid on a tractor a while back ?

luvmyshiner
December 17th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Heh, heh, good memory Ted. My favorite "neked" hobby all depends on what the weather looks like!:AOK:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/20060920174509990046.jpg

just strum
December 23rd, 2007, 03:35 PM
This morning it was raining and in the low 50's (53° F / 12° C). I just finished painting another bathroom and I was going to wash my car. Come down stairs and as I'm coming down the steps I look out the window and the wind is blowing at 31.0 mph / 49.9 km/h and the temp is 32.5 °F / 0.3 °C.

As we say in Northern Ohio "Don't like our weather, wait 15 minutes, it will change".

Well at least we have a chance for a white Christmas and that is cool.

Cheers :beer:

luvmyshiner
December 23rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Hey Strum, just got off the phone with Baby Girl (my daughter y'all). She's headed to her mother's for Christmas (she's a junior at Kansas U, GO JAYHAWKS!), and was excited because she managed to pull on the highway shortly after the snow plow passed through.:beer:

As for us, we've been in the 50-60's all week, dipping down to the 30's at night. But CB's down in Sequin spending some time with her Grandmother (she'll be back tomorrow), so things pretty well suck here at the Shiner household till tomorrow.:( :cry: