PDA

View Full Version : I am in love...truly!

Jimi75
December 16th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Just saw this limited to 400 pcs guitar. OMG, I feel GAS for the first time in months, I feel GAS, GAS, GAS.

http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/de_DE/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=TOZgS6SfaObm0000000000000000QGnBGlmJ?SK U=GIT0012343-000&ProductUUID=0&CatalogCategoryID=&JumpTo=OfferList

Take a look at this beauty. You can zoom the picture. The specification is understandable for everyone, also if you do not speak German.

OMG......

:rotflmao:

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Jimi,

That is a beautiful guitar and certainly one worthy of GAS.

I do have a question - how do you come to this site and go months without GAS???

Ever consider Guitara, the ****** for guitar lovers:D

Guitar Gal
December 16th, 2007, 09:50 AM
That is a beautiful guitar Jimi :master:
I've seen pictures of it before at http://www.music123.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Nashville-Jr--Doublecut-Electric-Guitar-with-Western-PickGuard-515667-i1374930.Music123

GG

warren0728
December 16th, 2007, 10:07 AM
that is a sweet guitar and with the p90 at the bridge it should be a growling machine!! Nothing like a gibson.... :greenguitar:

ww

tjcurtin1
December 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
From Strum: "Ever consider Guitara, the ****** for guitar lovers:D"

LOL! No need to buy it - you get a free dose every time you log in here!

tjcurtin1
December 16th, 2007, 10:38 PM
From the page description: "ein schnörkeloses Instrument"

OK, I have to know - is this guitar for underwater gigs, or what?

oldguy
December 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
That is a beautiful guitar, Jimi!:beer:

One question; would individual string intonation be a concern?
The tailpiece would have to be precise to be accurate, I would think.

red
December 18th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Beautiful, certainly (well, maybe except the pickguard, I could live without that, but then again that's minor and easily replaced).

But then we come to what's really important: the sound and the craftsmanship, in that particular order. I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but it looks to me like Gibson is trying to shove second-class guitars on the market and sell them before anyone notices any quality issues.

I'm in the market for a good Les Paul Junior myself, and the price is right, especially considering the somewhat-nitrocellulose laquer satin finish and the real P90 (as opposed to the BJA H90 hum-cancelling tricks) - but then I hear that the body is not all mahogany (most sites list "maple top", "maple cap", and so on), and this guy (http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25434749&postcount=27) claims it's way lighter than the Les Pauls he has (and he sounds like he knows a thing or two about guitars). I can't find any actual reviews on any online vendor's website I've looked for more information on (and I've looked everywhere I could think of).

Plus, Gibson are masters of not telling the whole story on their guitar specs pages. I've emailed them a couple of days ago asking for more details about the type of wood, finish, etc., but so far no reply. If this keeps up, I think I'd rather wait some more, save some money, sell some of the other guitars I own and either get a Custom Shop 5X-reissue, or an Epiphone if it's Epiphone quality I'll get anyway.

I'm waiting for the day when guitar companies actually start posting clips on their websites, for each pickup through 20 types of amps for each guitar, so we can buy using our ears instead of our eyes.

Just my 2 cents.

red
December 18th, 2007, 04:41 PM
One question; would individual string intonation be a concern?
The tailpiece would have to be precise to be accurate, I would think.
Yes, it would be :). Yes, it should be :). Most aren't, you just have to live with the approximation. You can't have perfect intonation on a LP Jr., but if you're lucky you'll get close enough. That's one of the small, but significant, differences between cheaper LP Jrs, as I imagine this particular one might be, and higher level ones (the Custom Shop reissues, or maybe the BJA). Then there's also the finish, the quality of the electronic and mechanic components, and the wood.

Is it worth that much of a cash difference? Probably not, if they weren't such greedy bastards they would still probably make a nice profit. Is it a worthwhile difference qualitatively? Definitely.

Jimi75
December 20th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Hey red, thank you for your posts. There are really some good points to take into consideration before spending the money.

I will check this guitar "physically" and rock the shop, if it feels good it will be mine.

red
December 20th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Hey red, thank you for your posts. There are really some good points to take into consideration before spending the money.

I will check this guitar "physically" and rock the shop, if it feels good it will be mine.
I'm glad I could be of assistance. Please post a lenghty review here after you've tested it. I'm very interested in a good thorough review.

red
January 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
Any news? :) Did you try it out, have you bought it? How does it sound?

Iago
January 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
I saw one of those at MF last year I believe.. I even saved the pic hehehe
I really think both Jrs. and the DCs look great, but i never played one :(

Iago
January 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
check out some here:

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/IagoBroxado/Guitarras/Cool%20Guitars/

Warren, you have to send me a pic of yours for the collection! :D

snoglobe
January 21st, 2008, 01:40 PM
I held one in my hands at Fuller's Vintage Guitars on a recent trip to Houston.

Price was right, but I couldn't get past the uninspired finish, similar to the $350 painted plank Melody Makers.

I wanted to like it, couldn't even get into trying it.

Picked up a shop-worn Billie Joe Armstrong LP Junior for $800 with case instead.

But if it works for you, then by all means get it.

red
January 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Picked up a shop-worn Billie Joe Armstrong LP Junior for $800 with case instead.
I envy you. I'd prefer to go with the BJA myself but it costs 1650 EUROs in Europe (in case you're wondering, that's roughly $2420). I couldn't find any sale for them at any European online shop I've looked at, so that's why I'm "circling" the cheaper ones but can't bring myself to buy one :), cause the minimum that seems to meet all my nit-picking requirements is the BJA (yes I'd prefer a CS vintage reissue, but that's ~2500 EUROs - too scared to convert that to US dollars :) ).