PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on an acoustic amp?

luvmyshiner
December 16th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone out there have one or use one? I've been seriously considering this one:

http://www.music123.com/Behringer-ULTRACOUSTIC-AT108-Acoustic-Combo-Amp-480781-i1145441.Music123

For several reasons. It's just a straight forward amp, not a lot of bells and whistles, but you sure can't beat the price. Plus I've been very impressed with my Behringer.

F_BSurfer
December 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I have one of these and really like it, for the price can't really go wrong. I did have to replace the two volume pots with alpha audio taper pots just was not getting much volume its not a loud amp to begin with, but good for kicking around home. Really like having the instrument, mic and cd inputs. $60 didn't expect much but it turned out to be well worth it.

hubberjub
December 16th, 2007, 12:01 PM
The main problem is that it probably won't be loud enough if you're playing with a band. I always go direct into the board with my acoustic on stage. For jamming it should be fine.

t_ross33
December 16th, 2007, 12:13 PM
The main problem is that it probably won't be loud enough if you're playing with a band. I always go direct into the board with my acoustic on stage. For jamming it should be fine.

Same here. I do use an acoustic amp to compliment on-stage monitoring on occasion if the stage/venue is large enough, but for the most part straight to the board - just use a 7-band EQ to tame some errant freq's. I would like an LR Baggs, Fishman Loudbox or similar one day, but they are considerably more coin than $59 :D

I say go for it. Should suit home playing and give you a little bit of punch for jammin'. You'll have to go a different route for live gigs though.

Trev

luvmyshiner
December 16th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Playing with a band??? Live gigs??? Y'all really overestimate my ability.:messedup: The closest I get to a gig is when CB and I jam together in the back room.:D

I think you guys are right though, this looks perfect for my limited needs. And if it really sucks, all I'm out is less than the cost of a tank of gas.

PAPPY
December 17th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Shiner, I have that same amp and it is a great little amp for it's size, I use it every Thursday night for the guitar. We now have a mixing station so I don't use it for the mic. unless I am out at brother Clint's and I use it for both the mic. and the guitar out there. I would love to replace it with the 1000 though. But when I first started it was all I needed, probably still is all I need but you know how it is. But know it is a 15watt instead of the 20watt like advertized, or at least mine is.

luvmyshiner
December 17th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I went ahead and ordered it today, kinda like a Christmas present to myself. Besides I needed to pick up a few things for Christmas for the other guitar players in the family.:D

djmcconnell
December 17th, 2007, 10:07 PM
I'm a Crate fan based on the amp our church uses. Couple of channels, nice effects, good sound, good value.