PDA

View Full Version : Edit button gone missing?

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I dunno where to post this, but I can no longer edit the (numerous) typos from my posts.

Or perhaps I'm going craaaAAaaaZzzZzyy.

Can anyone else edit their posts?

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 08:40 PM
That happen to me the other day and I thought maybe once someone else posts after you, you could no longer edit. However, someone noted the other day that there is a time limit on how long you have to edit.

Not sure of the purpose of removing edit, but it is, what it is.

So if you are going crazy, it is not a result of the disappearing edit.

Edit: Geez, I mention the thread and here it is sitting one section below in Problems & Difficulties

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=5087

Good thing I noticed it in time or I wouldn't have been able to edit.

Maybe crazy is contagious.

Spudman
December 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
It might be possible that you can edit until someone posts after you. I'm not really sure either.

Have you checked older posts as well as newer ones?

Spudman
December 16th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Lets see if that's what happens.

Spudman
December 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Nope. This forum is one that I can only edit my own posts and the edit button didn't disappear on my first post after my second post.

So I guess you are just going crazy.:messedup:

warren0728
December 16th, 2007, 08:59 PM
i went to edit one of my posts and noticed the edit button was gone too...i thought before i could edit a post no matter how old it was....robert?

ww

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I think the edit button gets erased.

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks Strummy!

& that brings up the other confusion that I have.

I miss *all* kinds of posts because there ain't no way to see all the posts that I haven't yet read.

Please, pretty, please with cherries on top! :D

But as I posted to the the thread that you found Strum, a time limit is nutty, or at least one as short as we now have here.

So see Spud, I haven't got as nutters as I thought ;).

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 09:10 PM
If I understand you correctly, you are missing posts because the symbol (pick) doesn't stay mustard yellow to reflect a new post. I find that happening to me and also sometimes I read a post and it remains noted as a new post.

I think it's a conspiracy to put pressure on us to accept the green dot grading system. This could be as big as the grassy knoll conspiracy.

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM
If I understand you correctly, you are missing posts because the symbol (pick) doesn't stay mustard yellow to reflect a new post. I find that happening to me and also sometimes I read a post and it remains noted as a new post.

I think it's a conspiracy to put pressure on us to accept the green dot grading system. This could be as big as the grassy knoll conspiracy.
Three green dots.

Robert
December 16th, 2007, 09:19 PM
You can edit a post up to 60 minutes after it's been posted. You can edit the thread title up to 15 minutes after it's been posted. It's always been that way.

No conspiracy.

I think the reason behind this is so a thread doesn't become hard to follow for future readers, if people edit their posts way after the fact.

Keep in mind that a lot of people other than us common posters/members will be reading our ramblings and chit chat. There are a wackload of people all the time who come by to read something they find interesting, but they never register and "swoosh" they are gone again!

just strum
December 16th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Seriously the issue isn't that big of a deal, but I am curious of the purpose of the time limit?

tot_Ou_tard
December 16th, 2007, 09:31 PM
You can edit a post up to 60 minutes after it's been posted. You can edit the thread title up to 15 minutes after it's been posted. It's always been that way.

No conspiracy.

I think the reason behind this is so a thread doesn't become hard to follow for future readers, if people edit their posts way after the fact.
I know it's not a conspiracy, but I still think 60 minutes is too tight Robert.

If there been a great wild orgy of serious editing going on that effects the ability to follow posts...I haven't noticed.

I just want to fix silly typos.

I call it consideration..or lousy typing skills...others are free to call it obsession ;) :D ;)

The swooshers probably read "I happy" & promptly rolled their eyes &

*sswwWWWOOOOOooooosshhhedd*

Spudman
December 16th, 2007, 10:21 PM
I just want to fix silly typos.

I call it consideration..or lousy typing skills...others are free to call it obsession ;) :D ;)

Get IE spell check and do the check before you post.
http://www.iespell.com/

warren0728
December 16th, 2007, 10:25 PM
i wanted to edit a smilie....spell check wouldn't have helped there....

ww

tot_Ou_tard
December 17th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Get IE spell check and do the check before you post.
http://www.iespell.com/ Thanks Spud!!!!

Do you have a grammer checker ;) ?

(we still should be able to edit our own posts ;) )

Spudman
December 17th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Check your own Grandma. Ewww. That's just gross.:messedup:

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Thanks Spud!!!!

Do you have a grammer checker ;) ?

(we still should be able to edit our own posts ;) )

It has a dictionary.

Robert
December 17th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I could disable the time limit on edit, if you guys really want and send me lots of expensive gifts ... :D :whatever:

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 05:36 PM
I could disable the time limit on edit, if you guys really want and send me lots of expensive gifts ... :D :whatever:

I knew there was a motive behind all this!!!

Robert
December 17th, 2007, 05:40 PM
A couple of low wattage boutique amps, and maybe a couple of Vintage Fender strats would do... :D :poke:

Spudman
December 17th, 2007, 05:47 PM
A couple of low wattage boutique amps, and maybe a couple of Vintage Fender strats would do... :D :poke:

Strat is in the mail. Now can you get these guys to stop whining?:whatever:

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Hmm, you went easy on us. With all the GAS around here I was expecting a much more extensive list.

Well, nothing for Spud, he's not being nice.

tot_Ou_tard
December 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Strat is in the mail. Now can you get these guys to stop whining?:whatever:

Thanks Robert!! Will another contribution to the Fret do instead?

Robert
December 18th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Sure, as long as the contribution consists of a few good guitars... hehe, I enjoy teasing you Tot!

Okay, go edit now then, you whiner. You won. No time limit! :D