PDA

View Full Version : Jumbo Collective

Slowhand
March 14th, 2006, 05:11 AM
My son Adam has a band at University I think there rather good but obviously I'm somewhat biased so some honest opinions would be most welcome.

http://www.myspace.com/jumbocollective

There's a also a Video on the page page that they made themselves and the record company is one they are setting up themselves. Adams the one with a hat & a Strat

warren0728
March 14th, 2006, 05:36 AM
good stuff....i really enjoyed the music and the video! There is definetly some talent there!

BTW....in think your description of your son would make a great band name or album title "a hat & a Strat"

ww

Tim
March 14th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Excellent sound. I down loaded it so I can hear it often. I did not see a video. I will go back and try again.

Slowhand
March 14th, 2006, 08:55 AM
BTW....in think your description of your son would make a great band name or album title "a hat & a Strat"

Thanks Warren I wish I had thought of that

Slowhand
March 14th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Tim thats cool if you scroll down a bit you'll find a screen click on the bottom left and it will run or click in the middle & it will take you to a really good site with Great videos (Just search for your favorite band) after you've watched Jumbocollective of course

warren0728
March 14th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks Warren I wish I had thought of that

and i just thought of one for me...."a belly and a tele" :D

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 14th, 2006, 11:16 AM
and i just thought of one for me...."a belly and a tele" :D

ww

Not "a resonator & an alligator"?

duhvoodooman
March 14th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Got mine! "Old & fat, and own a Strat".... :D

warren0728
March 14th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Not "a resonator & an alligator"?
that one fits too!

1. I went to the University of Florida (The Florida Gators)

2. There is a lake a couple of miles from my house that is known to have the highest number of alligators per mile of shoreline than any in the nation.

ww

SuperSwede
March 14th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Warren, so have you seen any gators in the "wild" ? I think they are rather scary, but I have only seen them on the "Crocodile Hunter" TV show ;)

Spudman
March 14th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I know that in Florida gator guts are pretty common on the highways. You can also have one hanging out in your back yard with no warning. They aren't very nice guests. They use all the toilet paper then leave.

r_a_smith3530
March 14th, 2006, 11:59 PM
"A Bass In Space!" ;)

SuperSwede
March 15th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I know that in Florida gator guts are pretty common on the highways. You can also have one hanging out in your back yard with no warning. They aren't very nice guests. They use all the toilet paper then leave.

I bet they prefer the grater paper we discussed earlier.

r_a_smith3530
March 15th, 2006, 07:42 AM

Spudman, you've just described Florida's version of the racoon, except with much bigger teeth!

Spudman
March 15th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Or the armadillo factor across the rest of the south.

warren0728
March 15th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Warren, so have you seen any gators in the "wild" ? I think they are rather scary, but I have only seen them on the "Crocodile Hunter" TV show ;)
there is a restaurant/fish camp/biker bar on the lake i was talking about. You can usually see wild gators from there.

ANOTHER TIME...I was doing a photoshoot one early morning on a piece of property on a lake that was to be developed. They wanted some nice sunrise shots of the lake and shoreline. While i was set up waiting for the perfect light i noticed a gator about 30 yards out in the water. As i waited for the light he kept getting closer and closer (keep in mind i am out in the middle of nowhere by myself!) He got about 10 yards from the shore and then started swimming to my left and then disappeared. I was getting a little nervous because i thought the gator was coming up on land to check me out. By this time i had all the shots i needed (including a couple of the gator) and decided to get out of there. I was about 200 yards from my car and the whole treck back i had my tripod at the ready to smack him if he game at me. Believe it or not over short distances gators are VERY fast so trying to run away wouldn't work.

That's the only time i've seen a gator and gotten spooked.

I'll look for the picture of him....it actually was a nice shot!

ww

Spudman
March 15th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Those gators are terrible about having their pictures taken. Pull out a camera and the swarm towards it. They are worse than guitar players and are total posers. Don't let them play your axe either...they never wash their hands.

warren0728
March 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM
here's the pic i was talking about....this one of course is small and cropped....if you want to see the full size non-cropped version click here (http://www.warrenworld.com/Pan-Gator.jpg).

http://www.warrenworld.com/Pan-Gator-1.jpg

ww

Tim
March 15th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Hi Tim thats cool if you scroll down a bit you'll find a screen click on the bottom left and it will run or click in the middle & it will take you to a really good site

Help me here. Where is the screen? What does it look like?

Slowhand
March 16th, 2006, 05:57 AM
It looks a bit like the player in the screen there is a picture of Adams Shadow holding a Strat its lower down on the right of the page

warren0728
March 16th, 2006, 07:55 AM
here is what you click on on the web page.....

http://www.warrenworld.com/fret/Picture-1.jpg

ww

Spudman
March 16th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Slowhand
You are a very forgiving parent for letting your son get all funked up like that. LOL
That is some pretty groovy stuff. I do a lot of the very same style when I jam with my friends. It's such fun to play and a lot of energy and tension can be put into the music.
Very nice indeed. I'd be proud of that boy. I imagine the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree?

Tone2TheBone
March 16th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Slowhand - Hey I like! Cool groove and sound. *thumbs up* I was just gettin' into the Jumbo Theme Tune when it abruptly ended! Tell your son well done.

Tim
March 16th, 2006, 10:54 AM
here is what you click on on the web page.....

http://www.warrenworld.com/fret/Picture-1.jpg

ww

I do not have that picture on my screen. There is a white box above the "insult of the day" which is blank. Can some one cut and paste the link for me?

warren0728
March 16th, 2006, 12:47 PM
try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtlWiOKHsx4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Fjumbocolle ctive

Tim
March 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Finally! Thanks Warren.

Slowhand
March 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
sorry Tim I had to go out what do you think

Slowhand
March 17th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks for helping Warren

Slowhand
March 17th, 2006, 09:17 AM
I was just gettin' into the Jumbo Theme Tune when it abruptly ended!
Yes me to !

Slowhand
March 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Slowhand
You are a very forgiving parent for letting your son get all funked up like that. LOL
That is some pretty groovy stuff. I do a lot of the very same style when I jam with my friends. It's such fun to play and a lot of energy and tension can be put into the music.
Very nice indeed. I'd be proud of that boy. I imagine the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree?
yes but it's mostly waiting for the fruit to ripen and pointing in the right direction