PDA

View Full Version : What guitar Christmas present awaits you?

Robert
December 17th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Some have mentioned their upcoming wrapups under the tree... but let's see what guitar stuff you guys have, or think you have, coming from Santa!

I don't have anything personally. I am saving up for my Macbook Pro, which I hope to be able to purchase in early January. That's my delayed Christmas present for myself.

Tone2TheBone
December 17th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I already bought my Blues Jr. that was a present to myself...well sorta...I sold the Peavey to get it so it's really not anything new. I'm not expecting any guitar stuff so anything else goes this year.

jasongins
December 17th, 2007, 01:15 PM
There is going to be a gift certificate, but I will convert that certificate into a Fender Superchamp XD and maybe an Electro Harmonix Holy Stain.

sunvalleylaw
December 17th, 2007, 01:25 PM
No clue. I put a couple pedals on the list, including a Boss NS-2 and a Digitech Digidelay, some music, a music stand, straplocks, a short mic stand for in front of my amph, practical stuff like that. The family is getting a keyboard, and we are replacing the old computer at home that cannot run the new versions of iLife or Gearbox well, and has trouble with youtube even, with a new iMac. For myself, little stuff only, except if I get one of the pedals.

pes_laul
December 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM
my dads getting me a new guitar I almost sure it's gonna be a ibanez cuz' he was always asking what ibanez's i liked so let's cross our fingers

duhvoodooman
December 17th, 2007, 01:37 PM
:greenguitar: :dude: :rockon: :AOK: :R :

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/56goldtop_full.jpg

Spudman
December 17th, 2007, 02:22 PM
This

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/45473ca3ad97bd7.jpg

and this
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/lukeblue.jpg

Robert
December 17th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Luke, May The Force Be With You! :AOK:!

jpfeifer
December 17th, 2007, 02:30 PM
My wife won't let me play my new Variax until Christmas since it's my Christmas present ... after my short test drive a few weeks ago, I packed it up. I'll get to play it with a group for the first time on Christmas Eve because we're playing at a mass that night. I can't wait to try some of the acoustic instrument sounds and 335 tones. ... anxiously awaiting Christmas Eve.

-- Jim

PAPPY
December 17th, 2007, 04:42 PM
My wife is a practical woman,, thank the Lord,, so I hardly ever get what I want but everything I get is something I need. Thanks Sweetheart.

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I purchased the Jamman as my gift. I gave my wife a list prior to my purchase that had the channel foot switch for my AD30VT and a strap that I located that I actually like (it's been a 1 year search). However, after I bought the Jamman I told her I don't want the other gifts. ;)

pes_laul
December 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM
I purchased the Jamman as my gift. I gave my wife a list prior to my purchase that had the channel foot switch for my AD30VT and a strap that I located that I actually like (it's been a 1 year search). However, after I bought the Jamman I told her I don't want the other gifts. ;)
so you've passed GAS:rotflmao:

I think I remember warren saying something like that except something about parrots

pie_man_25
December 17th, 2007, 07:41 PM
I'm praying for some better tuners for my saga strat, they really are kinda cheap

just strum
December 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
so you've passed GAS:rotflmao:

You know, I guess I did.

Big_Rob
December 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Since im getting my Toneport, maybe I should hint to my wife that I need a faster computer to record everything to.

pes_laul
December 18th, 2007, 03:24 PM
You know, I guess I did.
:master: :master: the enlightened one:master: :master:

fendermojoman
December 18th, 2007, 04:12 PM
I did the 20% off at Guitar Center and purchased a VOX AD50VT 2-12 for $240 and went elsewhere and purchased a LTD Viper (Cherry) 400. A very sweet combo when you mix the VOX with the EMG PUPS.
Now I got to get my wife that new toaster she's been dreaming of for 7 years, (ha!). :thwap:

duhvoodooman
December 18th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Dude, I have one word for you w/r to the gift for the wife: jewelry! And not the crap they sell in Wal-Mart, either! ;) :D

Brian Krashpad
December 19th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Probably none (unless I get some cords or other small accessories). I bought a couple cheapie guitars earlier in the year with birthday money and other dosh from my secret stash (which "account" is currently empty), and more recently actually sold one of mine just to help out with finances at home. I'm pretty much at capacity on guitars/basses with 20 excluding acoustics.

Tone2TheBone
December 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
This reminds me of something my wife pointed out last night. I didn't make a wish list this year.

:eek: :thwap:

I think gas finally got the best of me because I just ended up wheeling and dealing a lot this year and those items simply never made it to my wish list. Wow.

Justaguyin_nc
December 19th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hmmm wonder if I still got time to request Guitar Hero III for the PC... sigh

Might be the only guitar I ever get to strum right..
then again...:rotflmao:

Big_Rob
December 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I told my wife I was going to get her the matching dustpan to go with the broom I got her last year...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

J/K :D

Bloozcat
December 19th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Ah, the boxes are starting to show up on our doorstep daily now...Stew-Mac, GFS, Amazon.com, Midway USA....

I asked for several items for guitar projects, and it looks like Mrs. Bloozcat is coming through.

If all goes well, I'll have all of the remaining hardware and electronics for my Tele project. I'll have a router attachment for my Dremel tool (very handy for guitar related projects), bridge parts for my Alvarez acoustic project, and several other music and non-music related items.

Mrs. Bloozcat isn't exactly suffering this Christmas either....

I bought her four nice dresses, and a pair of blue topaz earings in gold and diamond settings. I also bought her all the things she had on a wish list she'd given me as well.

I think Santa's chartering an extra sleigh just for our house...:D

just strum
December 19th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I got an unexpected gift at work - $50 fifty certificate at the music store down the street from work. I know it's not much, but it's either some strings and things, down payment on an amp or guitar,...

Plank_Spanker
December 19th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I opened mine a bit early...........................I got a Radial Tonebone Trimode! Awesome sounding dirt box it is............................:D

Sblack
December 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Guitars/lukeblue.jpg
A new EBMM Luke?! Spud, you are one lucky man.

Spudman
December 19th, 2007, 08:52 PM
A new EBMM Luke?! Spud, you are one lucky man.

Well....luck really has nothing to do with it. Bank robbing! That's where it's at I tell ya.:rockon:

Adrian30
December 19th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Wow Spud! That's one fine instrument. One of my favs.

Bloozcat
December 20th, 2007, 07:29 AM
I'm curious Spud...

Did your wife make you sign some contract in blood for that guitar and head? WOW, just WOW...those are nice...:dude:

DVM...

Is this the guitar that your wife "allowed" you to test out a while before it was put under "wraps" for Christmas? There's just something about a gold top LP with P-90's...

You know it occurred to me as I've read through this thread, that we're all pretty blessed to have spouses and family who are so good to us.

As Tiny Tim said, "God bless us, everyone."

I'd say He really has...:AOK:

Jimi75
December 20th, 2007, 08:05 AM
My wife and I decided not to buy anything for eacht other, only for the kids. I personally ordered Bandstand and a new master keyboard in early December.

But now that I won the money with the contest, I plan on buying a nice Taylor Acoustic guitar.

Maybe, but only maybe there will also be an Xotic BB preamp under the Christmas tree.....who knows......

Did I hear bells ringing????
:)

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 08:26 AM
I'm curious Spud...

Did your wife make you sign some contract in blood for that guitar and head? WOW, just WOW...those are nice...:dude:

Nothing of the sort. It's really elementary. I'm a man - this is my castle - I do as I please. You have to remember that I've been single for 45 years and nobody should even try to change me. It just won't work.

Disclaimer:
No relationships were harmed in the purchase of this gift.:AOK:

SuperSwede
December 20th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Nothing of the sort. It's really elementary. I'm a man - this is my castle - I do as I please. You have to remember that I've been single for 45 years and nobody should even try to change me. It just won't work.

Lol... SURE.... ahem.. denial ;)

Robert
December 20th, 2007, 10:56 AM
this is my castle

Long Live King Spud!

ted s
December 20th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Spud, I'm going to try that ... not...

Tone2TheBone
December 20th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Long live the King!

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/king.jpg

R_of_G
December 20th, 2007, 12:34 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/king.jpg

It might be because of the giant plastic "realistic" head, but I find The Burger King to be the single creepiest corporate spokesthing out there.

You still rule though Spud.:master:

Robert
December 20th, 2007, 12:35 PM
I guess I do have an Xmas present coming... my new Heatseeker Head! It's the same amp, just a new "head-cab" for the amp intestines, plus an effects loop.

sunvalleylaw
December 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM
It might be because of the giant plastic "realistic" head, but I find The Burger King to be the single creepiest corporate spokesthing out there.

LOL!!! I agree, though Ronald McDonald is also creepy. The burger king's plastic head is a bit like Tim Allen's Santa double in the original "The Santa Clause."

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
I think a talking Styrofoam ball (Jack In The Box) is about the creepiest. First: it's really unnatural and second: it's polystyrene which isn't good for the environment. Make my balls Ernie Balls not Styrofoam.:whatever: ;)

Robert
December 20th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Spud, you probably shouldn't play with Ernie's balls... :D

ted s
December 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM
google Ernie's balls, this is what you get..

TF7QKX1saVY&watch_response

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM
That's funny. He uses his pecker to play with his balls.:messedup: :rotflmao:

just strum
December 20th, 2007, 05:51 PM
It might be because of the giant plastic "realistic" head, but I find The Burger King to be the single creepiest corporate spokesthing out there. :

They should make a horror movie with that character. The one where the guy wakes up in bed with the king - uhh, WTF

Spud, you are the King or she killed you before you had a chance to read this.

just strum
December 20th, 2007, 05:53 PM
My wife and I decided not to buy anything for eacht other, only for the kids. I personally ordered Bandstand and a new master keyboard in early December.

But now that I won the money with the contest, I plan on buying a nice Taylor Acoustic guitar.

:)

:AOK: :AOK: :AOK: for spending the money on the kids.

Do you know what model you want to get?

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 06:16 PM
The first part of my Christmas just showed up. The Blackheart has arrived! :dude:

Now, unlike some other forumites who say they just got new amphs and haven't posted any clips, I will undoubtedly beat them to it.:poke:

oldguy
December 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM
WOOF!!!:poke:

Adrian30
December 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
WOOF!!!:poke:
+1:D

pes_laul
December 20th, 2007, 07:41 PM
man this is driving me nuts I'm getting a new guitar but I have know idea what it is is it a ibanez a les paul a strat?? only time will tell.

PS. Spuds grow up:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Spudman
December 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM
PS. Spuds grow up

Wow! The first person to ever say this too me is young enough to be my grand child. :beer: Oh, When you're old enough to drink I'll buy you one.

Never going to grow up. N e v e r. neener neener

F_BSurfer
December 20th, 2007, 09:58 PM
spud looking forward to hearing your take on the blackheart!!

I know after reading through this thread have to have serious talk with my kids my usual couple harley shirts few tins of tea and new pajamas don't compare

pes_laul
December 20th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Never going to grow up. N e v e r. neener neener[/QUOTE]
I'll remember that when your telling me to get off your lawn and telling me to quit wearing my pants to low:bootyshake: :p

PS.neener neener:rotflmao: :beer: (rootbeer for me)