PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Roadhouse Strat?

Robert
December 17th, 2007, 04:18 PM
One of these -> http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0139312380

Features include three Texas Specialâ„¢ single-coil Stratocaster pickups, a brown shell pickguard, tinted C-shaped maple neck with maple fingerboard, and a vintage style synchronized tremolo bridge.

Seem to go for $549 USD.

TS808
December 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
This guitar has raised my eyebrows too. I know it's MIM, so I assume it's pretty much along the lines of a Jimmie Vaughan strat or classic series in terms of quality. This guitar more than likely has the vintage style trem with the die cast saddles as opposed to an American vintage tremelo. The saddles can be upgraded though to either authentic Fender or even Graph Tech.

marnold
December 18th, 2007, 08:17 AM
The sunburst version looks an awful lot like a poor man's SRV Strat.

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Looks very similar to mine, esp. when I finally put that Tort PG on. I wonder how the Texas Specials compare to the Tex Mex's on mine too. Mine is a vintage style synchronized trem also. It is tightened down, and I have not used the trem much at all, but it seems fine for what I do. Mine has been a great compromise as far as a really nice strat at a decent price.

gtrwrks
December 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
I wish Fender would upgrade the funky logo on MIMs like this - like on the Classic Series for instance. I played a mpl neck'd model @ GC and liked it. Very nice/light body weight on the one I check out.