PDA

View Full Version : Audacity input snaps back?

M29
December 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Hello,

I am trying to set my input for my mic in Audacity and I pull the adjuster over with the mouse and it snaps right back to (0). Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it. Also the drop down box next to the speaker level and mic level does not have anything in it. It is supposed to have Mic or guitar or something I think.

Also My computer keeps changing my volume level to mute all. I turn it off and it turns it back on again. I am running Windows XP Pro with the Behringer USB UCA202.

Please help.
M29

Justaguyin_nc
December 18th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Im sorry I cannot help.. but will let you know it has happened to me before also.. then after a reboot or two.... it just starts working again.. dunno the cause... did yours ever show right?

pes_laul
December 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Im sorry I cannot help.. but will let you know it has happened to me before also.. then after a reboot or two.... it just starts working again.. dunno the cause... did yours ever show right?
yeah same thing happened here except I ended up having to reinstall it:thwap:

M29
December 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Hello ,

Thanks guys. I reinstalled Audacity and I think I may have my input slider taken care of. Although I do have to keep pulling it up every time I want to do something. My main problem right now is my speaker level keeps going to (Mute) by itself. I turn the mute off and all of a sudden it goes back on again. I have been through (sounds and audio devices and all the settings in control panel) with no help, it keeps muting without me muting it. I have been searching around and some say that another program may be turning it off like Quicktime or something like that. It is driving me crazy:messedup:

Thank you for your time and help, I thought this was going to slip into the abysse and not get any replies. Thanks guys.

M29