PDA

View Full Version : Advanced New Posts feature!

Robert
December 18th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Installed a Advanced New Posts feature!

Now would be a good time to send in that FretNet contribution you've been thinking about... :pancake:

tot_Ou_tard
December 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Installed a Advanced New Posts feature!

Now would be a good time to send in that FretNet contribution you've been thinking about... :pancake:
Just did & thanks Robert!!!!!:AOK::dude::AOK:

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Cool Robert! Not one to rest on your laurels, are you?!:D :AOK:

just strum
December 18th, 2007, 09:01 PM
I like it - won't miss posts with this new feature. Or at the very least, I'll miss less.

Nice addition Robert.

Go pick out a Strat and send me the bill - I moved to Waco, TX - I'll PM the address to ya.:D

pes_laul
December 18th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Nice addition robert helps alot :AOK:

Spudman
December 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Pretty cool addition Roberto. Me likey.:) :AOK:

...but where is the beer tap function you promised? :beer:

Robert
December 18th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I'm still waiting for those boutique amps and vintage strats to show up before I can add that feature...!

Spudman
December 18th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'm still waiting for those boutique amps and vintage strats to show up before I can add that feature...!

Must be stuck in customs. Now...about that beer?:rolleyes:

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2007, 08:09 AM
I'm not done whining ;)

Posts still disappear. It must still be based on *visiting* the page & not on clicking the thread.

Just this morning I read a few of the new threads & didn't touch the others as I was exploring other areas of the interwebs (Eastwood Guitars).

I left the Fret up in a tab & 20 minutes later, when I got back the button said No New Posts.

I forget which threads I hadn't clicked to read & I haven't the patience to go digging around on the Fret to look for them. These posts will just remain submerged unless someone happens to respond to them so they pop back up in New Posts.

It happens all the time that I'll first see a thread that is a month or two old.

I guess this doesn't happen to anyone else, so I'll just go eat worms. ;) :D ;)

----------------------edit--------------------------------
After posting this message there was a new post in the Audacity input thread by M29.

I have yet to click that thread, but I remember seeing it this morning. It disappeared & only reappeared because M29 just posted a response.

As an experiment, I won't click on it so I can chart it's disappearance & exciting return from the void.

This also gives the Fretters a chance to make fun of me, 'cause I won't know what you are writing in that alternate Audacity universe. ;)

--Indiana "Thread" Jones deep in Forum Triangle trying to make sense of It All.

Spudman
December 19th, 2007, 08:21 AM
You'll have to refresh in order to see anything new.

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2007, 08:42 AM
You'll have to refresh in order to see anything new.
I shut down the browser & did things about the house. When I came back the Audacity input snaps back thread had resubmerged under the deep, dark Fret waters.

I'll try logging out of the Fret & see if it returns.

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM
I shut down the browser & did things about the house. When I came back the Audacity input snaps back thread had resubmerged under the deep, dark Fret waters.

I'll try logging out of the Fret & see if it returns.
Nope. I just logged out & back in:

No New Posts.

tot_Ou_tard
February 15th, 2008, 06:45 PM
:bravo: Thank you, thank you Robert!!!:bravo:

I was away from the Fret for a week. I just checked in & over 1000 new posts are waiting for me.

In the old days, there would only be a few & I'd never know what happened while I was gone.

Unless I am mistaken & the Fret has grown so much that there were a 1000 posts today

...hmmm...come to think of it, I'd better check Strummy's post count:D .

All that we need now if a

Mark All Posts as Read

feature for those who become overwhelmed by 1000+ posts :rotflmao: .

Not me, but it'd be a good feature.

Robert
February 15th, 2008, 06:50 PM
There is already such a feature. Check on the home page, Tot!

tot_Ou_tard
February 15th, 2008, 07:21 PM
There is already such a feature. Check on the home page, Tot!

Thanks Robert!