PDA

View Full Version : Proof that it's in the hands

Spudman
December 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM
Often we get pretty caught up in trying to capture a particular player's sound by buying this amph or that guitar. Truth is that it's really neither. You just need to buy the hands. Those will cost more though.:D

If you know Joe and this song then you'll understand.
D9v5e1TTwts

sunvalleylaw
December 18th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Cool! Let's give him a Fully and double check the results! Amazing.

Spudman
December 18th, 2007, 11:42 PM
I forgot to mention that this is also through a budget solid state amph.

oldguy
December 19th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Last line heard......
"That was kinda painful on this guit" :D :D

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM
He needs this amph or that guitar ;) :D ;)

Spudman
December 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
He needs this amph or that guitar ;) :D ;)

Apparently not...to sound like him.

tot_Ou_tard
December 19th, 2007, 08:46 AM
... oops

Robert
December 19th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard:
The best way to better tone is to become a better player.

I think that line is the best I've heard all year. It hits the spot.

Jimi75
December 19th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I think that line is the best I've heard all year. It hits the spot.

+1 This video is really the proof. And the above mentioned is exactly what I think!

marnold
December 19th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Satch will always be Satch. Sadly, even with Satch's guitar I would still be me.

I remember when I was in college, one of my classmates introduced me to a friend of his who had to have been one of the best guitar players I've ever heard. His guitar was complete and utter crap. I mean "In danger of falling apart and killing three people" crap. But he absolutely wailed. I remember just being stunned.

This doesn't mean that there is no value in higher-end equipment (although I'm a firm believer that once you get above about a grand, the laws of diminishing returns kicks in--but that's an argument for another thread), but higher-end equipment won't make you a higher-end player. If I bought a $3000 guitar, I'd be the same doofus, only $3000 lighter.

I still want a US-made Jackson Randy Rhoads, but that won't make me Randy. Having said that, I can play better than Randy can currently--on account of him being dead and all.

t_ross33
December 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Having said that, I can play better than Randy can currently--on account of him being dead and all.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Ooo I shouldn't laugh, but DANG that's funny! :master:

Trev

hubberjub
December 20th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Marnold is right. If a guitar plays well and sounds good it doesn't matter how much it costs. Personally, I think Gibson and Fender could cut their prices in half and they would still be overpriced guitars. That doesn't stop me from buying them because I'm a vain idiot. In my mind the more I spend the better I play.

Kazz
December 21st, 2007, 04:40 AM
I could not make out what kind of guitar that was, but it does not look like a high end piece at all...and of course Satch was awesome.....he actually looked like he was having fun with it....

I first heard Satch Boogie and Always With You, Always With Me, back in my bouncing/bartending days I was just 21 so that was 18 years ago I guess....wow time surely flies....that music blew me away so I asked the bar manager for a copy of that tape.....he always played it to warm up the house speakers and between breaks when the band wasnt playing. While it was Ace Frehley that made me want to play guitar, it was Joe Satriani that blew me away

Lev
December 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
According to one of the comments on youtube it's a Pignose guitar, can't imagine it cost anymore than $200. I'm blown away by this clip - I really believed that all those fast legatto licks that Satriani uses were so smooth because of the setup on his Ibanez. I guess I need to practice some more.