PDA

View Full Version : The Best Guitar Program???

jimmybeansmith
December 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hey fellow guitar players,

I got a quick question. I want to buy a program for my son and I'm wondering if this program is any good?

jamorama

I hear only good things about it, please let me know.

Jimmy

Big_Rob
December 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ive never used Jamorama so I cant give you an opinion on it. However one program that he will find useful is Power Tab editor.

http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

Summary of Power Tab Editor

Creates, reads and plays guitar tablature and bass tablature in the .ptb file format
Version 1.7.0.80
Released September 24, 2000
Windows 95/98/Millennium/NT/2000/XP/2003
Visit the Products (http://www.power-tab.net/products.php) page for more information about this software, including screenshots and sample tablature output
The following articles answer some of the more commonly experienced questions and problems newbies encounter when they first start using the software:

Robert
December 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I like Guitar Pro a lot. I used Power Tab before that, but now there is no turning back! Guitar Pro is only $59 and oh so worth it.

pes_laul
December 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
you can get a free trial at the website I had it for a while and liked it alot

just strum
December 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Hey fellow guitar players,

I got a quick question. I want to buy a program for my son and I'm wondering if this program is any good?

jamorama

I hear only good things about it, please let me know.

Jimmy

I started with Jamarama and it kept me interested and moving forward. It's not going to put you or in this case, your son on stage, but I think it will keep him motivated and interested. The early stage of playing guitar (first month or two) there are a lot of people that lose interest or aren't up to the challenge, so Jamarama helped me stay motivated.

One and half years later, I still suck, but I love every minute of the journey.

Big_Rob
December 20th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I like Guitar Pro a lot. I used Power Tab before that, but now there is no turning back! Guitar Pro is only $59 and oh so worth it.

I use Guitar Pro as well and I like it better than Power Tab. The only thing I like more about PT is its free.