PDA

View Full Version : VOX cosmetic mods

fendermojoman
December 19th, 2007, 10:16 PM
After playing my new AD50VT 212 for awhile I noticed how cheesy the chrome grill on the front looked. It reminded me of some over chromed 1950's car so I took action.
I removed the grill and painted it with Krylon semi flat black spray paint and re-installed it with a thin strip if automotive vinyl chrome edging. Now it's looks match the sounds this amp provides, see pics. :beer:

ted s
December 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM
That looks really good,I'll have to keep that in mind. Good idea.

duhvoodooman
December 20th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Much better. I hated the chrome "cheese grater" on the front of my AD30VT also, so ended up getting a piece of Vox grill cloth and some white plastic trim and making my own grill piece that attaches with velcro. Here's the "before" & "after":

http://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/grill_pics/stock_450w.jpghttp://duhvoodooman.com/AD30VT/grill_pics/amp_finished_450w.jpg

ted s
December 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hmm, I think I will go for the black and white Holstien look....

moooooove over..

tot_Ou_tard
December 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
I bought a vintage AC30 owned by George Harrison

...& put a cheesegrater on it :rotflmao:.

just strum
December 20th, 2007, 08:25 PM
DVM,

I looked at the detailed grill replacement on your website - I think that's a definite future project for me.

fendermojoman
December 21st, 2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the link to your website, it's very informtive! I'm glad I'm not the only one that looks at things and says, "why not?" It's interesting to see that others like the Vox sound but have issues with the appearance. :) :) :)

marnold
December 21st, 2007, 04:17 PM
I for one love the cheesy goodness. Of course, I live in Wisconsin, so it's state law. I also like how it gives my speaker extra protection from four kids, the dog, and--to be fair--me too.

fendermojoman
December 21st, 2007, 10:33 PM
I for one love the cheesy goodness. Of course, I live in Wisconsin, so it's state law. I also like how it gives my speaker extra protection from four kids, the dog, and--to be fair--me too.

Cheesey is fine too, especially in Wisconsin ! ! ! !
Happy Holidays everybody! ;)