PDA

View Full Version : Schecter C1 E/A

Duff
December 20th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Just got a Schecter C1 ea at a blowout price at GC. Normally 699, got it for 350. Brand new, no scratches, beautiful quilted maple top, semi/semi hollow, two duncan designed hbuckers that sound okay, and a graphtech piezo electric pickup that is located in the individual saddles of the locking tonepro. Rather heavy guitar. Not like the usual electric acoustic. Looks like a strat style with f holes. The top is about a half inch thick and is heavily reinforced inside, block under the bridge. Heavy back. Has the bite of a C1 and the option of the acoustic sound, or blended.

This guitar sounds fantastic. You can hook it up to one or two amps. With two amps it splits off the piezo to the acoustifc amp or pa. I ran it to my pa and WOW. What a sound. You can blend the hbuckers with the piezo either way, one amp or two, and get some great tone.

I was at the store to buy another Epi SG but this guitar just sort of picked me. The SGs didn't have the tone. My other Epi SG 1966 standard copy has super tone. This guitar has super low action, no buzz, and plays great.

If you see one you might want to play it. Nice. I need to get some pictures of it on here. Really nice traditional sunburst. Beautiful split crown inlays.

I probably won't switch out the hbuckers for the SD hot rodded only because it is really hard to do. No access ports on the back and you need to have a tech that is confident he can do the job in order to get it done right. I think they cut the hbucker wires and splice the new ones in. I don't know what effect the difference in wire diameter at the solder joint would have on the electrical characteristics of the signals going through the wires. It might change them. It's not a job I'm confident to do unless I know exactly which wires to splice to which other wires. The pots and other electronics are super, super hard to get to.

Since it sounds so good like it is I'm not in a rush to change out the hbuckers, but I would like to.

It is a fun guitar to play, especially when hooked up to the amp and the PA.

Duffy
Winfield, Pa.

mrmudcat
December 20th, 2007, 08:06 PM
A pair of seth lovers,(seymours) or 57 classics(gibson) would go sweet with the Semi H.B. :beer:

Nice fiddle!:beer:

Brian Krashpad
December 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
Congrats! Schecter makes a good product, I've been impressed with my Tempest Special.

Now, pics! ;)

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 08:06 AM
Way cool Duff!

I was hungering for one of those last year.

I forget: is there a coil-tap?