PDA

View Full Version : TrueFire Sale

marnold
December 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM
I got an email from TrueFire saying that they've got a big Christmas sale (http://truefire.com/12daysofdecember/) going on through Sunday. I'm seriously considering the Blues U CD set. No affiliation, yadda, yadda.

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
I got an email from TrueFire saying that they've got a big Christmas sale (http://truefire.com/12daysofdecember/) going on through Sunday. I'm seriously considering the Blues U CD set. No affiliation, yadda, yadda.
I ordered that when it first went on sale.

marnold
December 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM
I ordered that when it first went on sale.
What's your take on it? I trust that the audio quality is higher than the RealAudio clips on their site.

tot_Ou_tard
December 21st, 2007, 06:14 PM
In haven't received it yet.

I sure hope that the audio is better ;).

marnold
December 23rd, 2007, 09:52 PM
Well, just I bit the bullet at the last fleeting moment and picked up Blues U. I think I've got enough information there to keep me busy for several years. They also had Hal Leonard's Guitar Play-Along Book/CD: Hard Rock volume 3 on sale this hour so I snagged that too. It has Crazy Train, Iron Man, Living After Midnight, Rock You like a Hurricane, Round and Round, Smoke on the Water, Sweet Child O' Mine, and You Really Got Me on it. When I added that they threw in something called "TrueFire's JamBox Deluxe". I assume that it's a bunch of backing tracks to solo over but I'm not sure.

In the Blues U stuff I'm especially looking forward to Keith Wyatt's Blues Bash material. I've always found him to be a good and encouraging teacher.

marnold
January 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
I got my stuff in the mail today. Just a quick review, more details to follow. The BluesU looks like it has enough stuff in it to keep me busy for several lifetimes. The hardest part is figuring out where to go first! The Hal Leonard book is definitely worth it. I forgot how easy the solo to Living after Midnight is, so that is project #1. The JamBox is basically 99 backing tracks from their various products. I certainly will never lack for backing tracks, that's for sure! They're all good quality (thus far) and they're free!

I will say this: I haven't been this excited about playing stuff in a LONG time. Farewell guitar ennui!

tot_Ou_tard
January 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM
You think that you have too much! I got Blues U, Twang U, Jazz U, & Rock U.

Jeez!

I printed out the pdf manual for Blues U Semester I as well as burning the mp3s to a CD disc. I don't have a computer in my basement where I play music.

8 friggin semesters of each (I think the Rock only has 6 semesters).

My Xmas presents were mainly guitar instruction stuff. I'm holding off on a new guitar or any new pedals, until I know *exactly* what i want.

I'll see you in a decade!